Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

NH 275 baler repairs and test

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wels
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After I replaced all the bearings on the finger carriage, my wife I were looking over the rest of the baler and taking turns turning the PTO (Fly Wheel) by hand and checking the knotters and such.

I noticed that the "needle yoke spindle" carriage bolt heads were warn pretty bad.

I feel much better after installing new bolts.

Below is a pic of one of the first bales we made.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That would be the day that my wife would take a turn at pushing the flywheel. She might, just might, push the switch to engage the PTO, but I don't know how I would get her up on the tractor to be able to do that.

wels
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I count myself most fortunate to be married to my wife. Helping me play on the farm and with equipment is something see enjoys.

Her real super power is keeping our four kids in line while I spend half of each year on a ship.

Thanks for the reply

SHALER
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WELS, thank you very much for sharing that and i am very happy for you and your wife that you both enjoy a common interest. I will check my needle carriage bolts as well
on my old 275. I have not noticed they were worn looking but I must say I have not looked too hard. If there is such a thing as grade 5 or grade 8 carriage bolts, i will
get those. It is not unusual for me to have hay on the ground on May 21, but its not happening this year.

wels
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was scraping some of the rust off of the inside of the bale chamber when a big chunk fell down. I asked my wife if there were bolts in that general area. The bolt heads were so worn I couldn t even see them.

I think I put grade 5 bolts in.

Thanks for the reply

GarryinNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good catch on finding that potential problem. You may have saved a set of needles.

Garry

wels
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I meant to add that we were only testing the baler using old bales.

I think the fields will be ready to cut around the 1st of June however I will be on the ship then, so it will just have to wait.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="wels"](quoted from post at 05:22:01 05/22/20)
I meant to add that we were only testing the baler using old bales.

I think the fields will be ready to cut around the 1st of June however I will be on the ship then, so it will just have to wait.[/quote

I use a couple of old bales to test my baler every year, only I do it right in front of my shop door so that everything is available.

peteL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was with MEBA Dist I from 1978-1984.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm going to check those on my 273. I go over it each year but never thought to look there.

showcrop, my wife drives when we bale. Usually works out OK but she insists on first gear and afraid to "overload" the baler. But these days I don't think I could keep up on the wagon going any faster.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Mike(NEOhio) wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:20:01 05/22/20) I'm going to check those on my 273. I go over it each year but never thought to look there.

showcrop, my wife drives when we bale. Usually works out OK but she insists on first gear and afraid to "overload" the baler. But these days I don't think I could keep up on the wagon going any faster.

My wife used to drive and I stacked on the wagon. She used to say that the best wedding anniversary gift that she ever got was the baler with the thrower and wagons with the sides so that she was relieved of driving duty.

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good on her with the hear guards. The benefits will show up later in life. WHAT?

Minneapolismolinefan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we have a bales stacker for our small squares, don't know why we have it, but it"s nice to have around

MoMike2
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Similar situation. My wife's
parents started having health
issues so that curtailed her
helping.

wels
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: NH 275 baler repairs and test Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked out of D2 (AMO) for 6 years. Now I work for MSC through a private contractor.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters