Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 618's - pic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had hoped to have a pic of one of them working, but it keeps raining and raining.... Fan (outside of housing) measures 56", hopper pan is 34" wide. How does that compare with a Kools?

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know how ot put multiple pics in one post - here's a side view.

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After seeing the pictures, it looks more like the old Hustler blower we had. The lifting hook really makes me think so.

It was a great blower, but then some of the sheet metal let go after rusting out and it took out a paddle. I'm pretty sure it was a 56" as well- our Kools are both 54"

Donovan from Wisconsin

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got to thinking about the ammount of time it takes to unload, too. Have't been able to time it this year, but I do remember that the year I timed it, it was taking me 12 minutes to fill the wagons, and my cousin would be pulling into the field by the time Ihad it filled...so it may have been more like 5 min. to unload, allowing for 1/2 mile of road plus pulling in and backing out...

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: (kinda OT) Re: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is kinda OT, but this pic sort of gives you an idea how much rain we've gotten here in the last few weeks. Before all this rain started, there were several places you could walk across the crick (that's how we say it - it says "creek" on maps) on the rocks without getting your shoes wet, and most places were no more than ankle deep. In the deep part near the bridge, it was probably still a good 2 feet deep then. It normaly only goes over the banks in the spring. Looks like the rain has momentarily stopped again, so I gotta run to the mill for a ton of lime, hopefully won't get too wet before I get it unloaded. Then try to haul manure without getting stuck. Came close to it yesterday- rode the diffy lock for about 100 yards on the 7000.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: (kinda OT) Re: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is kinda OT, but this pic sort of gives you an idea how much rain we've gotten here in the last few weeks. Before all this rain started, there were several places you could walk across the crick (that's how we say it - it says "creek" on maps) on the rocks without getting your shoes wet, and most places were no more than ankle deep. In the deep part near the bridge, it was probably still a good 2 feet deep then - probably 6 feet deep now. It normaly only goes over the banks in the spring. Looks like the rain has momentarily stopped again, so I gotta run to the mill for a ton of lime, hopefully won't get too wet before I get it unloaded. Then try to haul manure without getting stuck. Came close to it yesterday- rode the diffy lock for about 100 yards on the 7000.

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: (kinda OT) Re: Ford 618's - pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hear ya. We got lucky and the fields were dry for chopping, but now that I want to start plowing some we're getting just enough rain to make it slick. Dad wants to plant some type of winter forage we can put up in the spring or plow under as green manure.

Main thing is erosion control on that one field that seems worse than the rest.

My brother and I also have to figure out where we want to put our pumpkin patch next year, and he wants to try planting some type of rye (not the normal stuff either) that we spray and then plant right on top of it next spring. We've been having troubles with a type of fungus getting some of our nice pumpkins this season and the rye is supposed to help stop it.

Donovan from Wisconsin

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters