Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Gilson tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
windrow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Gilson tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I acquired a Montgomery Ward Gilson tractor. I believe it is a 1973 with a 16 hp Briggs. I cannot find the serial number listed during my searches. Tractor # Model GIL 33160C, Serial #47x90906. B&S Model #326437 0135-03 7404011. I would appreciate any help.
The paint is blue and tan. Does any one have any paint numbers? Where can i purchase decals. Thanks and would appreciate any help.

AZJIM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Gilson tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi Windrow, I have 1 just like it GIL 33160C
hydro, power hydraulic lift
Serial# 13293, I bought it from he original owners grandson 6 yrs ago
1974 model, by your engine # it is a 1974 model
15 yrs ago I restored a 1970 model GIL 33095B, same tractor, only 14 HP
I used rustoleum sp sky blue and an ivory , close color
We had a computer sign Co, take pictures and make decals, expensive at the time
I also have a 1974 33153 B 4 speed, I am restoring, I went to Sherwin-Williams Equipment paint store, They matched colors for me JIM

windrow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Gilson tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, Thanks for responding. Can you direct me to a book which lists the numbers you gave me? I discovered this tractor is built like a tank. Most parts cast. I discovered the oil sump cannot come out with the engine. I was disappointed to not see grease fittings on the steering mechanisms, and especially the front axle pivot pin.
Had to remove the steering mechanism to get a drive punch thru the access holes to drive the pin out. I am going to tap a 3/8-16 hole in the end of the pin so i can pull it out the front with a slam puller if necessary. This will be a good winter project. windrow

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters