Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

A little wet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: A little wet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Started raining last evening an more or less rained until noon today. Couple times a little heavy.

4.7” later, it’s pretty wet around here.

North and east of me got more, I’m hearing 7+ inches.

I had a very wet but manageable 3 weeks before this, had 1.6, 2.3, and several small Raines almost daily there for a while, was mudding through the beans to get them sprayed.

Wind was blustery but I took drone up for a quick pic.

Year #5 of flooding and mess and poor crops.

Paul

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A little wet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Paul. I got 4.9 but closer to Nicollet they got 7.1

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A little wet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hear a lot of 7 inches, up by Hector and such.

Crazy.

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: A little wet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We were that way, but I've go a hunch we're going to be in a world of hurt before long. We had two dry weeks of great haying weather, then got half an inch Friday night. Temps have gone up in to the lower 90s, supposed to be that way until the middle of next week, then in to the upper 90s, no rain in the forecast. I went to the dealer to get some bearings yesterday, corn was curled already where there was compaction from mudding corn in on wet ground.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: A little wet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a near perfect but very cold spring to get planted. About the day I finished planting, we got a 3 inch downpour in mid May. Ugh.

Got pretty dry after that eventually, in my world pretty dry is a good thing even the corn on my sand was still full color and healthy, pretty dry is where I need to be.

Since then we have been hammered, I’ve had a few tiny local cloudbursts over my farm; 5 miles away people were wailing for some rain to help their dry crops, i was cutting deep ruts to try to spray......

Tired of the rain. It would be nice to see my crop fry away, it would be a nice change of pace from watching it drown again and again and again. Been a very wet 5 years. Roads and river banks are collapsing around here, too wet for too long.

I just can’t get away from the dark cloud over my head.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: A little wet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We'd been just like last year in May. I had half my corn in then we got almost 6 inches. Corn came up spotty. It got dry enough just before Memorial day to plant half of what was left, then we got another 2 inches. I managed to mud in the last of it June 1. First week of trying to cut hay it was hot and humid, we got another 1.8, then turned off cool and dry but warmed up. Last July it finally turned off hot and dry after cursing putting up wet hay the last week of June and first half of July, but the hot and dry has set in early this year. I had one wet spot in the corner of a field of silage corn that I was determined to get planted. I got that in last Thursday.

I listen to an Eastern Kentucky radio station online when I'm in the house. They seem to be getting hammered with rain down there the last few days with temps cooler than we have here.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters