Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL Moyer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorta looking for a IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower, as a tween back in the late 60's (now 65) mowed off a lot of hay for my uncle with one of these, believe it was # 100 model, had a off set axel, (one wheel ahead of the other), remember a square U cover over the shaft from the front support back (white), red frame & white wheels. Remember my Dad making up new pitman arms every once and awhile for his little brother over the years ( Nope, I never broke one !) Dad was a carpenter & had a wood shop at home. Wondering if any of these are still out there to be bought ? If anyone has a photo of one, would be helpful, just to make sure my memory is still correct ! As always, Thanks for any info on these, Alan

J Hamilton
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did it look like this? I found this image
on the internet of a model #100. They are
out there for sale and at auctions

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Think Model 100 is a belt driven mower no pitman much better than a pitman mower.

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is what I was thinking. You wouldn't be able to flip the cutter bar over like that on a Pitman mower.

AL Moyer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-J Hamilton"](quoted from post at 19:16:17 07/28/20) Did it look like this? I found this image
No, it never had the bar fold over like that, so I guess it was'nt # 100 model, any thoughts of one that looked close to this, but had a rod that held the bar vertical for road transport ?

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="AL Moyer"](quoted from post at 19:51:20 07/28/20)
CVPost-J Hamilton wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:16:17 07/28/20) Did it look like this? I found this image
No, it never had the bar fold over like that, so I guess it was'nt # 100 model, any thoughts of one that looked close to this, but had a rod that held the bar vertical for road transport ?

There was a #31 and #32. One is a trailer type and the other is a semi-mount. I forget which is which. I have the trailer type. It needs a LOT of work. I could easily be talked out of it.

AL Moyer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rusty, picture of it maybe ? But don't think you're near Pa though. Alan

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rusty is in Iowa

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Al Moyer wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:23:28 07/29/20) Rusty, picture of it maybe ? But don't think you're near Pa though. Alan

Iowa to PA is a long way.

AL Moyer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rustyfarmall wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:52:56 07/30/20)
CVPost-Al Moyer wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:23:28 07/29/20) Rusty, picture of it maybe ? But don't think you're near Pa though. Alan

Iowa to PA is a long way.
Yeah Rusty, it's a bit far, now if it was a part I needed for my antique airplane, i'd probably consider the trip, tractor parts, not so much, Thanks, Alasn

AL Moyer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Rusty, what part of Iowa are you in ? Do you have any good photos of that #32 sickel mower ? Might be picking up a motor for my plane in IL. so Iowa could be a possibility ?

jsborn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: IH Trailer type Sickel Bar Mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Al Moyer wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:36:30 07/31/20) Hey Rusty, what part of Iowa are you in ? Do you have any good photos of that #32 sickel mower ? Might be picking up a motor for my plane in IL. so Iowa could be a possibility ?

Just saying ...Wife and I drove from South Ga to Pittsburgh PA and back to South Ga to pick up my NH 456 Mower. I had wanted one for some time and it was the closest one I had found. We had a nice together time trip and got the mower I wanted. Just saying if you want it go for it. :D :D

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters