Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TO-35 Illuminated Tach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agdodge4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where can I find one? I bought a tach kit from this site, and all gauges are illuminated except for the freakin' tach. LOL. I ended up buying a set of gauges from India on ebay and that tach is assembled crooked...LOL.

Did this tractor have an illuminated tach? If so, where can I find one?

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Deluxe was illuminated with a light mounted above the tach.

A little chrome tube with a 90* bend and a lamp inside. That's what the hole in the dash above the tach was for, if it was so equipped.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, the hole was below the tach, had to look it up.
Tach Light

agdodge4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whoa. I totally never noticed that hole. Where can I find a light for that hole??

agdodge4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im a moron. Thats the throttle lever hole. I have a deluxe but see no hole in the dash for a light.

agdodge4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK. That tractor is an MF35. Mine is a 1957 TO-35. I only have three gauges. I have no idea if they were 'illuminated' originally.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good video. i have had six to-35's and one mf 35 and never noticed a hole for a dash light ? mebbe i needed a light to see it:)

all the tach's were connected to generators. now my mf 50 has no adapter for a tach on the gen so does that mean the tach is/was connected the same as in the video ?

thanks.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

opened email.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The video is for a diesel.

If yours is diesel, yes.

If not, probably the original generator was replaced.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: TO-35 Illuminated Tach Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that explains everything. thanks.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters