Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Dozer ID

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can I get some help iding this dozer. I'm interested in purchasing it but the tag is missing from the dash. My best guess is mid to late 50s D9? Any help with identifying this and any restoration parts website would be a great help.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SeanAdj wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:12:53 09/15/20) Can I get some help iding this dozer. I'm interested in purchasing it but the tag is missing from the dash. My best guess is mid to late 50s D9? Any help with identifying this and any restoration parts website would be a great help.

Welcome. If you attached pictures, they don't show. For the most part new users have to have more than 5 posts on record before they can post pictures. It is one of the site safeguards to limit spammers. You can go down to the Site Comments Forum and ask YT Support to allow you to post pictures three with less than the 5 posts.

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, I was wondering why they did not show up and was getting a spam notification

hector gemme
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The serie number for D9 should be on rear the starting engine and on rear housing left side and
these should be SERIE 18A or 19A and you could check with ACMOC ANTIQUE CATERPILLAR DOZER

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can try making several posts, trying to pictures, down in the Test Forum. If that works you will see them when they post. If they are too large they won't be accepted either.

If it is a CAT you should check out this site: https://www.acmoc.org

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's an international harvester, from what I have found of pictures it looks to be a TD9 with a drott loader.

Two more post then I can add a picture

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can search Maine's Craigslist for dozers located in Biddeford. My apologies I know this is getting redundant I'm just trying to get the post count up so that I can actually add a picture

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lots of difference in a D9 cat and TD 9 ih. The drott loader on an old td 9 was tough to get down in
Start by telling us if it is a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder that will help narrow it down. .Something
that old can be a real money pit.

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry the original post was a typo of D9, it should have read TD9. It is a 4-cylinder gasoline and diesel engine. It does not have the pony motor that has gas but actual spark plugs in the same block and head as the diesel engine.

The tins all say International Harvester on it so I have no doubt that that's what it is as far as manufacturer, my question more is motor size and years of that I can try to source and price out parts. The Dozer has been sitting for 2 years and I was able to get it cranked over tonight but did not want to start messing with the gasoline engine portion without having a deal completed with the seller. I did not want to do the work or somebody else if I was not going to be able to close out a deal or Source parts

dpendzic
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Int td9--built 1939 to 1962---59800 built
weight--9800 to 10800 without attachments
serial #---lower left dash
334.5 CI----1400 rpm

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-dpendzic wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:54:48 09/15/20) Int td9--built 1939 to 1962---59800 built
weight--9800 to 10800 without attachments
serial #---lower left dash
334.5 CI----1400 rpm

Is there any other locations for the serial number, someone has removed the tag. Or is there a stamped casting number anywhere, the tag on the starter, and loader arm are unreadable.

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

More Picutes

SeanAdj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JimInOz
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sean,
Visit the REDPOWER FORUMS IH discussion site. There is a section for Crawlers,etc,plus an engines section.

Also,there is some nice YouTube videos of old TD 6 & 9 Loaders working back in the day.

hector gemme
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Dozer ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The picture is TD9 International he is smaller than the D9 CATERPILLAR and am still have some
small used parts for

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters