Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Top Duck canadian made coat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleTom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was given a brand new coat that had been stored for years. It is a Canadian made winter coat called Top Duck. I find no info on it on the internet. Has anyone ever head of them. It must be pre-Carhart

TimV
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks to be Tough Duck, which is still available at Northern Tool among other places.
Tough Duck coats

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still available. Lower priced and lower quality than Carhartt(in my opinion). Available in Canadian TSC stores, as well as some other retailers.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had a Tough Duck chore coat for years. It is just a canvas/duct material, every bit as good as other brands. They come in many different styles and weights depending on your needs.

UncleTom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I had Top Duck in the subject line and should have been Tough Duck. I will put it to use somehow. Free is Free. LOL

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should be good, most things made in Canada are!

Determined
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An economy line compared to Carhartt.

Roughly half the price and in my opinion half the quality.

Cheaper zippers that do not last.

Probably adequate for occasional use but if you wear it every day for a winter of choring you will be due for a new one by spring.

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sadly the chances of Tough Duck stuff being made in Canada is slim.
From their FAQ webpage:
" Some apparel is made in Canada and much is made overseas. Our work boots are made in China. "

Carhartt is no different in where their stuff is made.

JLMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Top Duck canadian made coat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been wearing made in Canada Tough Duck unlined bibs at work for at least 20 years. Have Carhart bibs too but prefer the Tough Ducks . Canadian tire carries next to no TD stuff, Peavy Mart bought TSC in Canada and Peavy Mart has shares in a Chinese based clothing manufacturer so you'll see less Tough Duck at TSC. Have a old TD blanket line chore jacket that is favorite jacket and a old import TD heavy hoody with zipper that is my lay on the ground in dirt and oil garment. It must of been washed at least a thousand times. Never had zipper issues with any of there products.

https://toughduck.com/product/unlined-bib-overall-deluxe/

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters