Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Parts from Canada

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agonair
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an Oliver 18 combine and am in need of a few parts. When I put the word out, I connected with a farmer from Canada who indicated he can source the parts for me. I have no qualms with him.

The issue I am experiencing is freight. He will order the parts from a 3rd party to his place, then ship them to the US from his place. He cannot give an exact $ figure on freight, thus I need to send him "X" over and above to cover anticipated freight. He will not order anything unless it is paid in advance...including freight. So in other words, he will operate on my money for freight, then if the freight is less, reeimburse me. I am leery of this. I have his name and our only communication is email. Again, I have no issue with the seller. I am trying to figure out a better way or is this the best way?

There has to be a better way.

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, I would be leery (actually I wouldn't even entertain this option, unless I already knew the middle man). If he is buying parts, can't you buy them from the same place? They might have more experience shipping.

Maybe the 3rd party won't ship international. Then maybe you can buy from them, ship to his house and then have him get a quote and you pay the shipper directly.

mudcreek183
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would also be worried about getting it shipped to the states now,my wife order some special ribbon for her business every year from Canada,it is usually here in 2 weeks.She order it middle of July it is still hung up in Ca.Much mail from Canada goes thru SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER I talked with the local postmaster the way he talk it is a major log jam there now for some unknown reason.

hector gemme
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am shipping some time parts from CANADA by CANADA POSTA AND IT TAKE 4 TO 5 daysfor transport and if you hurry it could take 2 days by XPRESST POST.

Mark-Ia
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a scam.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been shipping to US out of Canada for years. Never an issue unless larger parts that can't go through mail. Going any other way is hopeless unless driven across border then shipped which is a pain. I have trucker that was picking up in yard. Sold many hole tractors and larger parts just thrown on truck. Now with border closed only commercial traffic allowed. Not many older Oliver combines ever here. Only ever seen one with Continental motor.

mass1030
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sounds like it could be a scam , Oliver did not have many dealers in Canada but did sell the Oliver 18 as a Cockshutt 18 .

rdandersom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts from Canada Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually Oliver had a good dealer network until the Cockshutt merger. I have 2 Oliver 18 combines. My dad said the local dealer suffered a bit at first because Cockshutt was considered inferior to Oliver at that time but the dealer network had no choice. I bought a cylinder belt in the early 2000s. Just a case of finding a dealer with old parts books.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Buyer / Seller Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters