Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help identifying Case 530

View previous topic :: View next topic  
55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm having trouble identifying exactly which model and year range this is. The serial number tag is missing. The power steering assist leaks and doesn't work. I can seem to find much information on it. I bought a 530 service manual, but this steering wasn't covered in it.

[

[/img:a266d92d20]

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1960 to 1963 model,, in 1964 production they changed to a full hydrostatic steering system there is a man here who posts who rebuilds those type steering cylinders as well now, yours also has Case-O-Matic transmission in it with shuttle, Eagle Hitch and remote with Independent PTO engine which makes it a Very well equipped unit
cnt

bob57
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the parts to rebuild the Bendix cylinders.You can call me at 580-603-0063 for shipping address.

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a way to determine if the pump is okay before I send the cylinder?

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that stud ball leaning over or is that just the camera angle?

Joe

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's leaning over. the drag link is bent.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

55deere70 wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:54:16 09/22/20) It's leaning over. the drag link is bent.

It is definitely not going to stroke the control valve spool correctly until it is straightened or replaced.

Tomorrow night I'll write how to manually stroke the cylinder if the engine runs to get a idea if the pump & cylinder have any function at all.

Joe

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you in advance sir.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a late start on this to night so it will be briefer than I intended but I think you
can figure it out. This is just to find out if you have some pump & cylinder function. The
likely reason the drag link is bent is b/c someone has been strong arm steering the tractor
with no power assist, hopefully they didn't run the pump dry. Also that is very hard on the
steering box lever studs, something to address along with the PS.

I like the new style stop valve you have in that hose in the back ground of the PS cylinder
pic, is it factory?

In the parts view you have either barrel #1 or #2, Other than that the parts are the same.

With the steering wheel, put the wheels straight ahead.

Take the drag link off the ball stub and the dust cover off the actuator housing. There
should be a grease zerk under the actuator housing, put in some grease to lube the actuator
then take the zerk out. You can put the zerk in later if it has a very short thread, many
zerks have long threads that can bind up the stud ball sleeve.

You'll be working right under the loader, you might want to block the loader up.

Have the oil topped off. The system is self purging so any air will work out pretty quickly
as you exercise the cylinder. Jack up wheels off the ground. Start engine. Use a flat blade
screwdriver to stroke the spool valve actuator in both directions. You'll be prying on the
outside of the two ball seats #26. Let me know your thoughts on how it functioned or didn't
and we can go from there.

Joe

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took me a minute to figure out what "stop valve" you were referring too haha. I will check the PS as you described, it might be a few days, but i will post back my results.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

55deere70 wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:19:51 09/24/20) Took me a minute to figure out what "stop valve" you were referring too haha. I will check the PS as you described, it might be a few days, but i will post back my results.

Ok, Been here 20 years, don't expect to croak before the end of the year either.

Joe

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay, finally getting back to you Joe. With wheels off the ground, I can manipulate the steering valve and make the wheels turn, although one way better than the other. Feels like the spool is sticking or binding a bit.

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Update...finally have my power steering woes corrected thanks to Bob57 who did a fantastic job rebuilding my steering cylinder.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

55deere70 wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:57:24 11/17/20) Update...finally have my power steering woes corrected thanks to Bob57 who did a fantastic job rebuilding my steering cylinder.

Well good. I see I missed your response re the jack up and manual stroke test. By the looks of that bent drag link it probably needed lots of help.

Joe

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying Case 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No worries Joe, thanks for the help.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters