Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Front mounted snow blade

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lmorris
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you find them for 48 8n and what do they run? I’m in north west Ohio.

michford
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dearborn (Ford) and a couple other companies such as Arps made a front mount snow blade for the 8N, so they are out there. Best bet is to try to buy one that is currently installed on a tractor that way you get all the required mounting brackets. I've seen prices anywhere from $200 to $600 asking price depending on condition and completeness. Be aware that the Dearborn gas two different front blades. Only the snow blade has trip springs behind the blade, the dirt blade does not.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good advice from Michford below.
I just wanted to add that you'll want rear ballast - either wheel weights or fluid in your tires And good tire chains.
Set up with that way your N will surprise you how effective a snow mover it is.

Lmorris
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

michford
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good call by Ultradog on weights and or chains. Another way to add weight to the rear is to hang a back blade out back to move snow coming and going.

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I happened to see this info on a SAUDER (Spelling)front blade..
I have no experience with this blade arrangement...
Bob.. Owner 2-N and other coloured Tractors..

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I happened to see this blade at a dealer ship couple of years ago.....

Interesting design....

Bob....Owner 2-N ,TEA-20 Ferguson and several other coloured Tractors..

michford
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Sauder is unique as it is a "quick attach" once the mounting brackets are on the tractor. Would have to be careful plowing snow with one as there is no trip mechanism or springs that snow plows have to prevent coming to an instant stop or bending up the plow frame if hitting a frozen edge. The Dearborn snow plow has trip springs.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have this one for sale in NJ 07838. Operates off 3pt hitch.
It's an Arps frame with Dearborn dozer blade with extension and spring kit for $350

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Dearborn front snow plow with skids and tire chains for
sale in central Michigan. Front mounting brackets are original,
rear brackets are not original. Needs a cable replaced.
It came with a 9N I bought. I've never put it on.
If you're interested my email is open on modern view.

Lynn Patrick
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Blackhawk in eastern Iowa. Requires a hydraulic hook-up.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Michford wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:06:41 10/15/20) The Sauder is unique as it is a "quick attach" once the mounting brackets are on the tractor. Would have to be careful plowing snow with one as there is no trip mechanism or springs that snow plows have to prevent coming to an instant stop or bending up the plow frame if hitting a frozen edge. The Dearborn snow plow has trip springs.

The blade in those pictures is the dozer blade. Sauder also made a snow blade with trip springs. And its also easy to retrofit a modern truck plow to the frame.

I have had both and the Sauder quick attach arrangement and hydraulic lift cylinders is a big improvement over the Dearborn bolt on 3pt cable lift designs. Still have a Sauder subframe I salvaged from a loader and a Meyers 7' plow in my "to do" pile.

TOH

8NChris
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lynn Patrick wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:34:47 10/16/20) I have a Blackhawk in eastern Iowa. Requires a hydraulic hook-up.

I have that same unit. I had assumed that the previous owner had added the brace to accommodate the 6 cylinder engine length. Now I see the original used both mounting braces. The mounting bracket was modified to catch the rear brace. What model is yours and where would the tag originally have been?
Thank's for posting the photos.

Biffer5
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:45:10 10/16/20) I have a Dearborn front snow plow with skids and tire chains for
sale in central Michigan. Front mounting brackets are original,
rear brackets are not original. Needs a cable replaced.
It came with a 9N I bought. I've never put it on.
If you're interested my email is open on modern view.

I have the same one on my tractor here in Maine. It is simple and does a good job.

Lynn Patrick
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Front mounted snow blade Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="8NChris"]What model is yours and where would the tag originally have been?

Model is AD 456 I think - it's not completely clear. It's right behind the bracket that bolts to the front axle (I think! It's too dark out now to see!)

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters