Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With no wintering in Arizona this winter.......I Just received Bearings, gaskets etc., for the TEA-20 FERGUSON "OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission".

Also the three point lift control for the Ferguson.......

Shall see how this plays out in the spring...

Bob..

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the insides of that ! Smile

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My sister and husband have their place for sale in Rye, AZ up on top of a mesa.
That's just south of Payson.
Just curious as to where you got your parts from? Is that a position control I see in the wrapping?

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quote:
Just curious as to where you got your parts from? Is that a position control I see in the wrapping?

Good morning Bruce(OR)........
Parts were suppled by RED ROCK MANUFACTURING ...located in IOWA..

Yes, that is a position control device..

Located info on Internet......

Service was 100%.....Smile
Pic of Position control device "is pic taken off internet"..
Bob..

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I have a Ford Sherman combo basket case in the back room waiting for me.
She might like the position control on here Fergy next spring.

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Australian position control is much neater.

Crem
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have the Sherman that is made for the Ferguson? I have an over/under Sherman for a Ford but I believe that it will interfere with the start linkage if I install it in my TO-30. Has anyone done a work around for this?

pomester
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a thread about a TO-30 rebuild and Sherman install - https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1343049 part way thru it is a post about the Ford vs Ferguson differences and workarounds.

Here's a thread (two actually) about the starter linkage issues and resolutions. https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1344326

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1348379

pomester
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually, here is the thread with the Ford vs Ferguson Sherman comparisons - https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1343049

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have the Sherman that is made for the Ferguson?

Yes I HAVE / OWN the SHERMAN "OVER-UNDER" made specifically for a Ferguson...

In the spring of 2019, I ran an add for a Sherman OVER UNDER,specified it must be for a Ferguson....

Plan is to install SHERMAN in TEA-20 Ferguson Spring / Summer 2021....

Bob..

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I HAVE / OWN the SHERMAN "OVER-UNDER" made specifically for a Ferguson...

As per picture:

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this modified top cover and case to fit a ferguson.

Crem
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: FERGUSON OVER /UNDER Sherman Transmission. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the information on installing the Sherman in a Ferguson. I appreciate it.
Kirk, is your modified cover for sale or trade?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters