Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Lost my first tooth

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a molar extracted and bone graft, needs to heal for 3 months, then implant.

There was a lot more infection that has to drain.

J Hamilton
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sounds very painful!

Crazy Horse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a big procedure. Here's some info on adult teeth from a web search ....

"By the age of 12 to 14, most children have lost all their baby teeth and have their adult teeth. There are 32 adult teeth in total – 12 more than in the baby set. The last 4 of these, called wisdom teeth, usually emerge later than the others, generally between the ages of 17 and 21".

I had 4 wisdom teeth extracted when I was in high school and a couple more before that when I had braces (ugh) in Jr. High School. So 32-6 = 26 ..... I still have all 26 and I'm almost 75. That's the only body part I can brag about .... ha!

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

must have very good dental insurance or very deep pockets to do all that for a molar. Spent thousands out of pocket on my wife's teeth, ended up with dentures (top plate) maybe should have looked at the long game instead of the short term. Just wanted to keep that terrific smile. Still has a great smile, man made. gobble

JoeM(GA)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

David, you'll be very happy with it when it's done!, I had a bone infection between my teeth and my sinuses, ended up with 26 bone grafts in my upper jaw and due to the poor condition of my remaining teeth, I bit the bullet and just had complete implants, first time in 15 years my mouth hasn't hurt all the time, talking about a set of head bolts!

IMG_3866(1)

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had my wisdom teeth cut out when I was about twenty two, got all the rest of them yet
, mostly with crowns.

mrslesq
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm so glad I still have all my teeth. I only had one filling in 8th grade and it broke out 2 weeks after by-pass surgery so I had to wait a few months until I could get it fixed. I'm sorry for all of you that had to endure dental problems!

cuby
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got all my teeth also. Take um out at night, put um back in in the morning. No more tooth aches and still gain weight.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When 14 years old I went to get a few nails and a hammer to reinstall the door on our corn crib for my cousin Richard. I stuck my head up over the box wagon tongue just as he finished and tossed the scoop shovel off the end of the wagon. I was saying "I got th-----" when the shovel hit my top teeth right in the two center teeth breaking one off at the gum line, and removing the other in its entirety. (If squeamish don't read the next line) The nerve from the broken tooth was hanging out in the air, it was real nasty on every breath. I have had a "flipper" or bridge since. This fall I had a 4 tooth implant done. Magnificent results. Even with insurance it was costly. Jim

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had my wisdom teeth pulled about 7 years ago because their roots were starting to interfere with the molar roots. Dentist discovered I had a tumour growing in my gums, and it had killed the nerve in the 3rd and 4th front teeth left side top. So they both have had root canal. Tumour was removed, it was non cancer. Busted my 2nd front top on right side off by hitting myself in the face with a wrench, when the bolt I was wrenching on snapped off. Dentist patched it up, but only lasted a few years, and came off two weeks ago. Went in yesterday for root canal on it, and a temporary crown. I get the permanent crown in two weeks. Things happen, and you just have to roll with it. How much for an implant David ?

47fivewindow
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the only things better about being a city kid is fluoride in the water. Those of us raised on well water had a lot more dental issues.

37 chief
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have my share of fillings growing up. How many remember when we went to the dentist he said open up, and started drilling. No pain killer what so ever. I have tooth picks at my computer, when I am looking at things I pick up a pick, and clean around my teeth. I also have those floss things. I haven't had a filling in a ling time. Stan

Keith Molden
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had all mine pulled and new ones put in at the same time. I couldn't wear the darned things so they've been in the medicine cabinet for the past 12 years and that's where they will stay. Just can't wear the things but do miss being able to eat peanuts without grinding them into tiny pieces and I'd love to be able to eat a good fresh apple again. The worst mistake I've ever made cause they weren't nearly all bad at all.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This does not sound like it is a fun process to go through. Modern dentistry can save us a lot of agony in the long run though. My dad had all but one of his natural teeth when he died at 96 years old. My others brother got false teeth when he was 18 because his natural teeth were not good. My granddad did the work on him and he had those same false teeth when he died 60 years later.

CH(upstate,NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my first tooth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya, raise your hand if it hurts. He held your hand down. Mom was too cheap to pay for any pain killer, Dutch.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters