Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Corn head

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dugger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey folks
Anyone got a 4 row narrow case corn head they would part with
Im looking for Case Cornheads
Dugger

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For what size combine?? 1160 or 1660. Reread your post...mine are wide row. Have a couple 306 6row narrow, but won't sell those.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dugger: You need to come to NY & take home my old 1665 w/ 14' grain & 306 corn head!!

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve, the 404 is made to fit both 1160 and 1660/1665 42" and 52" just takes a different tin piece and mounting kit above the feeder house,, or at least the late model one I had Jon has was made to,, not sure if the early 404 had b0oth mounts or not, but I assume they will, I have a late model 402 I have for sale Dugger but I am guessing you have that size already,

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one 404 for a 1660 here couldn't be narrowed as it would take a lot of different shafts and different feeder chain to go on a 1160. It is a late one as it has the Case track logo on the serial number plate.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

according to my ops/parts books they both use the same feeder house chain,, they do take a different sprocket and a different shipping bundle, the ops does not show any shaft changes between a 1160 and 1660,, but that is all I have to go on as I do not know the corn heads like you do so I could be wrong,,

Dugger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Dugger"](reply to post at 20:51:08 11/20/20) [/quote]

Yes John I do but the trucking is to much
Dugger

Dugger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will take any narrow row head I can find
I have most sizes of case combines
Dugger

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A mere technicality.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey John: I was out your way yesterday. I had a nice chat with the Coryn boys. They had some hard to find salvage parts for the 598 plow that we just got.
Loren

chcase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom,the corn heads for the 1060 and 1160 use a 42 inch wide feeder housing as the feeder housing on the corn heads for the 1660 and 1665 are 52 inches wide.I assumed the feeder housing chain was wider tho I only have the 404 heads here for my 1160's I never looked in the book.

chcase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have never seen a 306 corn head that wasn't set up for the 52 inch feeder housing from the factory.Meet a guy who cut one down and put it on a 1160.It didn't last long as the 1160 just couldn't handle the 6 rows.He had four sets of weights on each rear tire and the rear tires were full of fuild too.Owner told me he did it as he couldn't find a narrow row head.Sadly the machine and head got scared before I could get it. That's where one of my 404 heads came from

Dugger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im not familiar with Case corn heads at all but someone said
The later heads have a better clutch system
Can some one tell me what the difference is and how
To tell the difference
Dugger

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I owned a 404, it had Both attaching points for 42" OR 52" my ops manual goes in great detail about the steps to change one over to the other,, I never once said a 306 would fit a 1160, however a 304 will as well as 1660/1665, I was only talking about the 404 which clearly will fit either size machine with some changes,, Steve says his 404 has a 52" feeder house chain, my books do not show any thing like that, but I guess its possible some one installed one some way or another hence my comment "You know more about it that I"

chcase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Corn head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did case build any grain heads with the combination 42 and 52 inch mounting brackets??

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters