Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

hot shot

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe a 20 volt rechargeable tool/drill motor battery.
It would be heavier but you would not have to replace it.

Dusty

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a prod called "Hot Shot Power Mite" that is handheld and runs off two 9V batteries. Compact and fits right in your pocket. About the size of a handheld personal defense stun gun.

The battery is definitely good for more than one or two shocks. For $50 it saves you from having to reinvent the wheel, with the distinct possibility of ending up with an unreliable or faulty design in your home brew setup.

Like others have said, without being an electronics expert and being able to analyze your design, there is no way to know what a 9V battery would do in yours.

WNYBill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be a little careful, in most states dogs have more rights than people. Diluted ammonia in a spray bottle used privately. Does your
state/county/town have leash laws and a dog control officer?

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many years ago when my dad was a paper boy dogs were allowed to run loose in town. He said he carried a squirt gun full of ammonia to knock the dogs back. A cattle prod might not work on a dog with a very thick coat but if it bites the prongs it will get a mouth full of volts. I tried prodding a cat with a cattle prod and it merely enjoyed the back scratching. Then I moved the prod to the tail area just to see if the prod was working. It worked!

MJMJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm confused how one can know how to make a "hot shot" without knowing how to power it?

bc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suppose you could try it out on your foot for a few tests.

We acquired a stray cat that our cat doesn't like. Got a couple spray bottles of water and the new cat gets a few squirts till it runs away. They are slowly getting along now although if I hear some hissing and pick up the bottle, Scar, the new cat takes off.

I'd be more worried about somebody turning you in for animal cruelty for using some kind of electrical cattle prod device or spraying anything other than water. Those arrests tend to grab the headlines nowadays.

Back when I was a senior in high school, brought a couple cattle prods to school for freshman initiation. The brand new principal took them away. What a spoil sport he was, wouldn't let us have any fun. The long tradition of freshman initiation was banned after that year as well. Bummer for the ones who went through it and couldn't get their pay back.

ldj
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK don't laugh, it works, and it didn't cost $50.00, in fact it didn't cost anything. When I made it I did know how to power it but was looking for better way. Thanks for the post that suggested drill battery.[/img:e6a5c9f249]

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take a video as you test it on yourself.

:twisted:

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: hot shot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ldj wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:03:15 11/19/20)
OK don't laugh, it works, and it didn't cost $50.00, in fact it didn't cost anything. When I made it I did know how to power it but was looking for better way. Thanks for the post that suggested drill battery.[/img:967dd4319a]

Worst case you can just club he dog to death with the board.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters