Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Killing lambsquarters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewood869
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I was to plow the field with the ground froze a little could I get lucky and kill the lambsquarters? I know if I was to plow it in the spring I could make everything (braking the roots would make more plants). The field came out 60 percent lambsquarters and smells when cutting it.

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Liberty.

mikewood869
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-flying belgian wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:50:47 11/27/20) Liberty.

I don't get it.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Accumen or 2-4d.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see no reason to plow it, put it in RR or liberty link crop next spring.

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only way to kill it is spray it or hoe it out in the spring.

Joel Sanderson
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lambsquarter's an annual. Whatever happens next year isn't because you killed the plant that's left from last year. Are we talking about the same lambsquarter?

mikewood869
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Joel Sanderson wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:02:53 12/08/20) Lambsquarter's an annual. Whatever happens next year isn't because you killed the plant that's left from last year. Are we talking about the same lambsquarter?

I have no clue. We cut it back in mid September and it never grew a inch. The grass grew more.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Killing lambsquarters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to come back next year from seed not roots.Lambsquarter is excellent feed right up there with alfalfa if cut young and tender.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters