Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought this would be a little more interesting than round 1. Not really. Judging by the amount of toys listed, it should have been a toy museum. Piles of CaseIH stuff, too. There are a few neat odds 'n' ends. The Miracle Powder can is kind of neat. Same with the Truck Torque Converter & Tractor Touch Control Fluid. Never seen either of those. The 8-16 Mogul is finally up for bids. Pretty much a trailer queen without lugs on the rears. The 4300 is also up for grabs. The Gold Demo 412 plow is neat, but there's no info about originality. Might bid on it, but I think there's going to be a lot of people with money to burn going after that one. The F-20 high wheeler is also in this auction. It's neat, but I don't know what the heck I'd do with it. I like the disc gang cutaway. Never seen one before. Sharp looking! Oh! There's a Farmall M! Now that's rare. Lol! There are a couple German IH books. Those are neat. Might have to bid on them.

Well, that's my take on it. The Darst auction had a lot nicer stuff, IMHO. Think that museum is finally emptied out. I know my bank account darned near is after those two auctions. Sheesh! The Farmall Land auctions will be once a month, on through April so far. Don't know how much stuff is actually at that museum. Didn't think it would go that long. I would have made it over the course of a month or so. That way people don't have to make multiple trips month after month to pick up items.

Left a link to the auction below.

I know rustred is going to bid up that 4300. ;v)

Mike
Round II......

DeltaSteve
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So sad it's being split up. Too bad they couldn't find some 'rich guy' with deep pockets to buy the whole thing and keep the collection intact.

Old weldor
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Living fairly close to the Farmall Land museum I visited it several times. Everything they had was meticulously restored and top notch. He tried to have everything IH made. That’s why there are regular tractors in the auction. There is a really nice Farmall M powered by an IH V8 engine that I would love to own. Sad to see the museum go!

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I feel the same way Steve, but that's the difference between self satisfaction, and a return on investment!

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No argument here. Those are some beauties. Guess I should have clarified my statement about my opinion about the two museums. Both have fine examples of IH history. I just prefer old paint to new. There are a couple tractors at Farmall Land I'd jump all over if I had the scratch & the room for another steed. New paint & all. An M with a V8 would be a nice purchase. The ones at the Darst museum in original paint really caught my eye. The Super C demo in its original coat of paint & gold stars was one of them. That was still there when I went to get my stuff. It was great to see it in person. Though not a tractor, the other one was the Scout Sno Star. Tracto was also there. I fancied that to be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see that creation.

It would have been neat to see both museums in their entirety. Didn't hear about Farmall Land until a couple years ago & don't recall hearing about the Darst museum until after the auction announcement. Not sure the museum was in existence for that long either. Which is a bummer, the fact that the late Darrell & I share the same penchant for IH twine & dealership memorabilia. I was able to chat with Kevin quite a bit while I was there loading up my winnings. It was interesting to hear about where they had to go to get some of their stuff. Would imagine getting stuff for both museums was an adventure.

Wonder how many strictly IH museums are left? The only two I know of is the one in Florida & I think the restored dealership in..... Ohio(?) is another one. Might have to turn my small collection into a mini museum if we're running out of them. Would be a working IH museum at that. Hopefully someone else opens a museum or at least shows off some of the rare collectables that come from those museums.

Mike

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Makes you.... or at least me wonder if they ever considered finding someone else to look after the museum to keep it open or if they just saw $$$$$$$$'s?

Mike

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no thanks, kinda like the WK40 . plus i dont see a 660 toy there either. also some of those muffler choices sure make the tractors look goofy. like on that w9 muffler way up in the air when they had a short muffler. the same on some of those M's and H's i have #773 picture of the 560. plus they dont know what a w-30 is , as they have that sign listed as wk40.

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He said it was the hardest decision he ever made? He and Joyce, getting up there in age too!

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Buddy who went to FARMALL LAND several years ago and I went the second Saturday in September. Bet over 500 people there that day! Buddy said much more stuff on display than was there on his first visit. Jerry had an ADDICTION, He had lots and lots of 16th scale pulling tractors. His office was filled with them. I was impressed with the finish of EVERYTHING he had on display, and he must have had a pin striping expert on his payroll.
If he sells everything, he will have auctions thru the end of 2021 at least.
I'm really glad I took the time to visit Farmall Land. I asked Jerry is he'd had lots of former FARMALL PLANT employees visit his museum, He said there had been lots. As a former Farmall employee I was happy to hear that.
Max Armstrong made the comment on his show about He wasn't sure when, but He wanted to visit FARMALL LAND, but he hadn't been there when I was there Sept. 12.

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh! That explains all the toys. Didn't know there were that many pulling tractor toys. The only one I can think of is the 560 with the chromed engine & wheels. Don't get what's with all the pin striping on tractors, but to each his own. I suppose I've done some pin striping for a couple people that wasn't on a car or truck. Someone wanted their frisbee striped. Thought that was odd.

I'd imagine that place was the next thing to Heaven for you Farmall Works guys. If it weren't for you & everyone else, those gems wouldn't be sitting there. Would have been great to hear all the stories from the goings on at the plant. I would imagine there were some adventures/misadventures there.

Who's Max Armstrong?

Mike

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The WK40 is sharp. Wouldn't mind the 22-36 either. It would look nice running my 22x38.

I give Jerry a lot of credit, the McCormicks are actually Tractor Grey!

I hadn't even noticed the mufflers until you said something. Yeah, they are a bit on the huge side. Where's the mislabeled W-30?

Mike

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that would be a hard decision. If that setup were mine, I certainly would not retire from it & you best believe I'm getting buried under it. On the other hand, one does not know what the future holds health wise. I could stroke out tomorrow & my own idea of never retiring from farming until I'm dead & gone becomes well.... dead & gone itself.

Mike

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Max
Max

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's why the name sounded familiar. I enjoyed Farm Progress & WGN was a talk station I liked to listen to. WLS was good for a couple months after they switched to a talk radio format. They were a better station when it was all, what is now referred to as oldies. Either way, I haven't had a radio on in almost 20 years. Too many ads & my record/tape/CD selection was copied on to my computer a long time ago. With an FM transmitter box hooked up to it, my music is broadcast all over the yard. Best radio station there is!

Mike

Bob 7337
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Round 2 of the Farmall Land auction.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sad thing is nobody with money gonna buy entire lot just to have them and watch their worth keep gong down. The old guys just keep dying off and most of younger generation dont care about them old tractors

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters