Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Wheel spacers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You mean spacers for duals not pie weights?

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As stated they are for power adjusted rims. When mounted and PA rims are sucked all the way in they will keep the tires from hitting the fenders. The dual adapter plate look like this when mounted on my 950. Good luck with your search cause they are hard to find.

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My first experience with these spacers was on a 960 with a mounted corn picker with 14.9-28 in wheels. I have a problem seeing how these special mounting flat ended bolts hold a countersunk wheel on to mount duals. It would seam that the special wheel weight mounting bolts would be the proper thinks in this case

DEAN C
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The red ones are for the 960 with mounted corn picker to get more space between the picker and the tire

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, Kirk. I did not know that.

I believe that I have one set like yours in the photo, maybe two. I'll have to check.

Dean

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-DEAN C wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:36:09 02/01/1Cool The red ones are for the 960 with mounted corn picker to get more space between the picker and the tire

I guess they could be used for that. However as has been stated, their primary purpose was to space early power adjust wheels so that they could be spun all the way in without hitting the fenders on all purpose tractors.

Grandpa had a 960. I don't know how many times I mounted the 2 row corn picker on that tractor. The PA wheels were dished out, never had spacers and had plenty of clearance.

I had an early 4000 row crop with a 602 mounted picker. Wheels were dished out with no spacers. Worked well there too.

I've never seen a '55 to '64 row crop with these spacers on it. If they came that way from the factory or dealership these spacers would have been strictly optional equipment.

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't want to use them with a mounted picker. I have seen that 4 inch spacer in two peaces on an 861, plowing.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never seen the red pictured spacers on a 9 series tractor, picker or not.

I have seen, yet another, design of wheel spacers on 9 series tractors with mounted pickers. These spacers were about 2" wide and used different, longer adapter bolts to space the wheels (PA or 6 bolt, don't know) out for fender clearance.

I had a set of these with the longer adapter bolts but sold them about 5 years ago to someone in OH who needed them to mount a picker to a 9 series tractor (don't know if PA or 6 bolt rims). I bought them on ebay about 10-12 years ago from a dismantler who told me that they were removed from a 9 series tractor with picker (again, don't know what type or rims).

Dean

steve wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got the 4 inch ones on my 961 and they were used with my 602 picker it saved me reversing the wheels.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have those spacers on my 801 with PA wheels, as for as I know it came that way, everything is original but the fuel tank and tires.

Grandpa's Fords
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a set or (similar) bolted to a 8n that had an extremely deep dish 15" wheel for turf tires that came from a golf course.

Greg NE
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I may be way off base with this but I have a couple of sets of these extensions and just with some rough measuring I don't believe that the studs on the axle are long enough to go through the wheel disk and the flange of the extension to make me comfortable that the studs won't strip out and the wheels could come off. Mind you I have never tried to bolt up duals even though I would love to take a tractor to a show dueled up. Just my 2 cents worth Greg NE

Rfaubion
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-welding man wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:35:19 01/31/1Cool I have a set for a 9600 I'd like to sell.
call 7125427006

KCTractors
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I installed 14.9 rear tires on a 861 with the spin-out rims, I used brackets to keep the tires away from the fenders, but still had the rim centers almost all the way back in.

steve wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've used them for many years on my 961 with 602 picker with no trouble.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters