Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Spoker D opinion please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riskinator
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

Today I visited a family friends farm. They have two Spoker D tractors for sale. Both are great condition; older complete restorations including mechanicals.

1925 - beautifully restored

1926 - restored with factory PTO - does the PTO add value?

any idea what a fair price would be for these?

thanks for your help!

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't help on prices but IMO, the PTO was definitely add value. They are not that common on any D and far less common on the early Ds especially spokers. It would be nice to know if it has the original PTO or was upgraded to the later one. I have a 1927 D with a factory
PTO or more accurately the gear box on the side of the main case because the shaft and bearing holder is gone.

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know where you are but I would see if an auctioneer in the farm equipment business would do an appraisal. It would let the seller know that your intent is to be
fair to them and maybe they would split that cost with you. Years ago they would have been worth 10,000 dollars or more but where the market stands today I just
don't know. The seller might think that they are worth their weight in gold but there are getting to be few buyers for pre-1940's tractors. They are not common
tractors and unless a dealer salesperson has a deep interest in D tractors I doubt that a dealership will be of much help to you.

riskinator
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you kindly for your answer. Should have taken some photos of the PTO to get more details here.

riskinator
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you. Im in Alberta, Canada. Yes, the prices have been sliding. Hard to know whats fair right now, at least in these parts.

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good evening riskinator

I'm from North Western Alberta...North Eastern British Columbia.......
Your location ?????

Bob..On the BC/AB border..

jd man wis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think all done up nice they
should bring high money. An then there is
where dad or grandpa passes an the
younger generation don't know how to run
them an don't care too. I have see some
go high an some go low for where they
just want it gone. I would start asking
high on them because there is guys that
don't know how to fix them up nice but
want one an these guys have deep pockets.
If the family is happy an the buyer is on
a price that's all that matters. There's
a link on here I would start on putting
pictures on and say best offer and have a
price that you will be happy with I would
think that 5000 is a good price to ask if
not alittle more.

swindave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here in my little part of the world, old tractor pre 1940 prices are down

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where in Alberta ?? I am in Alberta also. Might want to have a look.

riskinator
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoker D opinion please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First, thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinion. Think I'll do some more research and see if I can put together a few tractor package offer and see where it goes.

I live just outside of Calgary.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters