Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1944 Farmal A ser # 112226

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbarnes60@cox.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm confused as to manf and correct signage for my tractor. Is it IH ? or is McCormick A without Cultivision Logo. Engine block is of Dec 1944 manf so I'm assuming the tractor was also since the ser # falls in that manf year. Any help with defining would be appreciated
J B

Red Dave
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am under the understanding that the "IH" logo was not used until 1946 or 47. It was also around that time that "Deering" was dropped and just "McCormick" was used above the Farmall decal. "Cultivision" seems to have been part of various promotions and may, or may not have originally been on your tractor.

I think that "Farmall" with "McCormick-Deering" above it, without the "IH" logo on the hood is correct for your year tractor. "Cultivision" is your choice, either way can be correct. That would be the straight Cultivision, not the wavy style. Wavy style is for Super A.

Jim Becker, who posts on here sometimes, would be the final authority on the subject. If he disagrees with what I've posted, go with what he says.

Dennis K (WA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agree with Red Dave.
Dennis

jbarnes60@cox.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Red Dave wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:20:03 01/11/21) I am under the understanding that the "IH" logo was not used until 1946 or 47. It was also around that time that "Deering" was dropped and just "McCormick" was used above the Farmall decal. "Cultivision" seems to have been part of various promotions and may, or may not have originally been on your tractor.

I think that "Farmall" with "McCormick-Deering" above it, without the "IH" logo on the hood is correct for your year tractor. "Cultivision" is your choice, either way can be correct. That would be the straight Cultivision, not the wavy style. Wavy style is for Super A.

Jim Becker, who posts on here sometimes, would be the final authority on the subject. If he disagrees with what I've posted, go with what he says.

Thank you folks for the quick response

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red Dave pretty well covered it. I'll add a little detail on the "Culti-Vision" piece of it.

The word "culti-vision" was used in advertising as soon as the tractor was introduced in 1939. Shortly after, they added the word to the circle A decal. (Couldn't say just when without some research.) After that, it stayed on the A/B models until part way through Super A production.

All this applies to the "FARMALL" A. But the story is slightly different for the "INTERNATIONAL" (industrial or commercial) version of the A. This model had a couple bits of equipment different than the Farmall, but is identifiable by the serial number prefix which is "IAA" rather than "FAA". This tractor had "INTERNATIONAL" in place of "FARMALL" all three places (both hood side sheets and the metal emblem on the front). It also used plain "A" decals without the word "Culti-Vision").

Athol Carr
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Deering was dropped in mid 1949

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Athol's comment about "Deering" is correct.

CityBoy140
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought cultivision just referred to the offset engine enabling a clear view of the ground I front of you being cultivated. I did not realize it appeared on some logos.

jbarnes60@cox.net
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1944 Farmal A ser # 112226 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks again folks. I think I've got it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters