Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Old pictures mostly tractors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The John Deeres are my paternal grandparents and case machinery is my maternal grandparents.

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gosh them are nice pictures to have.

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing those

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a snow blower? It's blowing so hard the snow is going back in time, into the next picture!

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That’s a wicked set of tire chains on the John Deere. I’ve never used the front loader as a vehicle hoist before although it’s been tempting

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great photos.
Thanks for posting.
Hard working people in those photos.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, those are great family pictures! Thanks for posting.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few more

My Uncle has taken very good care of the international truck all these years and still drives it in parades from time to time. Original cab paint. He used it on his farm up until around 2000.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice pictures. Thank you for posting them. That is an interesting snow blower. Can you tell us about it?

TractorTucker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the narrow front Case is a SC the wide front row crop is a DC and I think the one with the loader is a LA.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was an old International truck, I don't know the model number. They had bought a snowblower that was made for the front of a tractor and would run off of the belt pulley. Tractors of that time didnt have live power so it didnt work well. They mounted the snowblower on the front of the truck, took the engine out of the 65 John deere combine and set that in the back end of the truck and ran a belt up to the snowblower. They put another transmission behind the transmission on the truck so it would go slow, weighted it down, chained it up and went blowing township roads. If the snow got too deep they would push with a tractor or loader. In the spring they would pull the combine motor back off the rear of the truck and put it back on the combine. Blower had cross augers, but the blower was set perpendicular to the way snow blowers are made today, and if the snow had any moisture it would not feed into the paddles.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didnt notice that until you mentioned it, that is kind of neat. I just randomly posted the pictures.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They didnt have FWA back then so they made things work one way or another. Thats my Uncle under the car, he got things done the fastest way possible. LOL.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are wonderful pictures. Hard working, successful people. That's good to see, as it seems like all I hear about the plains is disaster. And how many bottoms on that plow? At least 4!

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Old pictures mostly tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat pictures....Thanks..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters