Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hearing Aids Again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenGuy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Followed suggestions from this site and purchased hearing aids at Costoc. I am very pleased. Previous set cost $4600 and my fitting tech said to adjust volume or screen out back ground noise I had to pay Doctor an additional $1500.00. I did not pay the ransom. My Kirklands from Costco have all available features, even let me adjust those from my Iphone. Total out of pocket cost $1504.00 I hear better than I have in years. Do you know you make noise when chewing food. I had forgotten.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amazing, isn't it? Took me a while to realize that that noise I kept hearing was my coat rustling.

I have to tell my kids/grandkids that they don't have to yell any more, I can hear them just fine.

"8^)

bmack95hd
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Taking a leak sounds like Niagara Falls.

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have replied to several hearing aid posts in the recent past about being happy with my Costco hearing aids. I went thru 2 sets of expensive hearing aids over the years and these are so much better.

larry zielkowski
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-RedGreenGuy wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:04:21 01/13/21) Followed suggestions from this site and purchased hearing aids at Costoc. I am very pleased. Previous set cost $4600 and my fitting tech said to adjust volume or screen out back ground noise I had to pay Doctor an additional $1500.00. I did not pay the ransom. My Kirklands from Costco have all available features, even let me adjust those from my Iphone. Total out of pocket cost $1504.00 I hear better than I have in years. Do you know you make noise when chewing food. I had forgotten.

I got the hearing aids from costco about a year and a half ago and it was half the price of miracle ear for probably the same quality I paid 3,000.00 for them
I hear better and love the blue tooth connection but it is not a very strong connection great for phone calls and audio books though. I also have a pair of ear pods which really work good for audio hearing
I am curious about the walmart deal for hundreds of dollars has anyone tried them would love to hear an honest assessment thanks

Tgrasher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A question for all - is tinnitus affected by hearing aids i.e. helps or no help?

retired farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think all the crickets have gone extinct, haven't heard one in years.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It doesn't eliminate it but it does help to mask it somewhat. If it's dead silent around you, you'll still hear the ringing.

UncleTom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a set as well. $1500.00. That's what I'm taking about. Love them.

DMartin9N-2N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good afternoon: Just passing through, I noted discussion. I have hearing aids, not cheap, but my retiree insurance and Medicare cover most of the cost. They are not perfect, but I miss them if I don't put them in; like after mowing yard, need to remember they are in my pocket.

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

RedGreenGuy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My tinnitus is about 98% gone with these hearing aids. Costco has 6 months trial period. You do have to pay when received, but get refund if you don't like them up to 6 months.

Wheat47
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that's for sure!!!

gregww
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have never really heard the sound of a wrench, hitting a concrete floor, unless you have hearing aids. It's awesome.

Last week I inadvertently put my right hearing aid into the left side of the charger, and my left, into the right side of the charger. People were talking garbledy-gook, for 2 days.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the disadvantages to living on the lonely northwest Iowa prairie is I live too far away from Costco or I would be wearing their hearing aides in a heartbeat. My brother in law just got Costco hearing aides but he hasn't had them long enough to give an evaluation. This is his first set. One work of caution: if you have the behind the ear kind, when you take off your mask be very careful and conscientiously check to be sure the hearing aides are still there after the mask is off.

NoBite
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing Aids Again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-bmack95hd wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:55:11 01/13/21) Taking a leak sounds like Niagara Falls.

So now they've got hearing aids that fix your prostate! Amazing

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters