Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

T223 transfer case oil capacity??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So last week had my buddy drain and refill this tcase. I told him 17 pumps on transfer pump was 1 liter. He lost count. Anyone know or have a book with oil capacity for it? I think possibly 5 liters? We put the 80/90W GL5 gear oil in it. I need to charge the owner for the gear oil so dont want to overcharge. Thank you in advance. Its in a 1977 International Loadstar 17004x4

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes. I cannot find a spec on how much gear oil it uses. It has a fill hole Which tells you when its full. Nearly all my other manuals tell me capacity or amount of oil a diff or transfer case uses etc.

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2.5 litres

Rockwell lubrication guide pdf
Maintenance Manual No. 1
Page 44

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.numeralkod.com/cross/archivemanuals/meritor-rockwell/lubrication.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjM29vn45LuAhUEpFkKHTTCAzcQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2JYwcANA9tcFF17yPRLwna

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DoubleO7 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:39:35 01/10/21)
2.5 litres

Rockwell lubrication guide pdf
Maintenance Manual No. 1
Page 44

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.numeralkod.com/cross/archivemanuals/meritor-rockwell/lubrication.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjM29vn45LuAhUEpFkKHTTCAzcQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2JYwcANA9tcFF17yPRLwna

Thank you

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The parts guys here are mystified when I ask for 90W GL-1. They want to sell me the Universal Tractor Fluid that meets GL-1 spec yet its viscosity seems like water compared to 90W gear oil. I'm in BC Canada so does someone here know what I can ask Napa for? 50W engine oil is something else I can use which may be easier to order in. Link above recommends 90W GL-1 or 50W motor oil

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This look right to you?

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim.ME wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:59:38 01/16/21)
This look right to you?

Thats awesome yet Napa in 100 Mile House BC Canada cant get it. I gave them the part number and gear oil doesnt even come up. The Napa part numbers here sre often different than the USA. Ill look into ordering it from Naps in the US. Thsnk you though.

DoubleO7
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check at your nearest big rig shops and tractor dealers.

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: T223 transfer case oil capacity?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DoubleO7 wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:40:09 01/18/21)
Check at your nearest big rig shops and tractor dealers.

Thank you

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Yesterday's Trucks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters