Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Grasshopper 620 T Hydro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziffel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Grasshopper 620 T Hydro Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just got a Grasshopper 620 T. I need to change the hydro oil and filter. It looks crowed under the pump. Not much accessibility under the pump. How do I do it? Thanks.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Grasshopper 620 T Hydro Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to look on a parts diagram. The filter for the T-drive is in the middle of the pump and accessed underneath. A black plastic plug with (I think) a 7/8 hex on it. It is a screen type filter.

I am more familiar with the T-6 drives on the 900 series and on them there is enough room between the pto drive shaft and the pump to remove the filter. (Of course, you have to get the machine up high enough to get under it.) The T-drive should be similar, but smaller. On the ones I am familiar with, it is easier to remove the elbow where the line from the overflow tank goes in the top of the pump and fill it there, then put the elbow and hose back on and top off the overflow tank.

Use the Grasshopper hydraulic oil. Its pretty pricey but its pretty good stuff too. They recommend a 1000 hour service interval with their oil.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters