Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So the nightmare continues... we are still trying to bleed the hydraulic beakes on this 77 International Loadstar 1700. I adjusted all the brake shoes so drums dragging and after 3 hours of brake bleeding pedal still goes to floor on first push. Master cylinder replaced and new slave cylinder\booster set up
Replaced. Everything thing bled several times over and over. Then I notice this mico accumulator beside\under drivers seat which is inline between slave cylinder and junction tee for lines to front and rear brakes. Could there be air trapped in this?? Should I just by pass it or is it needed to pass vehicle inspection? None of the 8 wheel cylinders are leaking yet I cant get the brake pedal to just stop where its supposed to. After truck sits for a minute the brake pedal goes to floor on first push, then slightly more than 1/2 way down on 2nd push and then 1/2 way down on 3rd to 20th push. Ive researched buying a pressure bleeder yet there seems to be conflicting reviews theybwork and they are all prone to leaking. Any suggestions? Correct way to bleed madter cylinder?

Longknife
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cariboo, Here is what I would do,,, Are you pumping the pedal gently when you bleed the brakes? A gentle push is all you need to move the fluid through the lines. If you push too hard the air will mix with the fluid and cause a foam which is harder to bleed. Are you getting air when you bleed??? If you are getting air and does the it clear up after bleeding? If it clears up after bleeding then somewhere air is getting in to your lines. it could be the m-cyl or the hydrovac. Also I have had new master cylinders that are faulty, I put a m cyl on the IH 1300 I have now a few years ago, bench bled it and installed it but it would not even pump up enough pressure to bleed, I exchanged it for another one and it worked perfectly,,,Ed

Longknife
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Cariboo4x4"](reply to post at 06:06:57 01/26/21) [/quot

If you are NOT getting air out of the lines I would suspect a faulty m-cyl. I had one of those a year ago, (on a car) Again the m-cly was only a year old and had few miles on it. The first pedal push went nearly to the floor second pump about half and third pump right on top. Installed new m-cly and it has worked perfectly since....

As for that Mico lock. We had those on few older vehicles when i first went to work at UPS. I was instructed to remove any I found as they could bleed pressure off over time and the truck could roll away.....Ed

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Longknife"](quoted from post at 09:06:46 01/30/21)
Cariboo4x4 wrote:
(reply to post at 06:06:57 01/26/21) [/quot

If you are NOT getting air out of the lines I would suspect a faulty m-cyl. I had one of those a year ago, (on a car) Again the m-cly was only a year old and had few miles on it. The first pedal push went nearly to the floor second pump about half and third pump right on top. Installed new m-cly and it has worked perfectly since....

As for that Mico lock. We had those on few older vehicles when i first went to work at UPS. I was instructed to remove any I found as they could bleed pressure off over time and the truck could roll away.....Ed

Hi Ed. Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. We are planning to bypass mico accumulock especially now based on what you said. The old m-cyl was going to floor on first gentle push and then build up like you describe. I put in a new m-cyl in and same pedal behaviour so I am leaning towards trapped air in mico accumulock or one of brake lines possibly to a wheel. In the yard in front of shop I am going to see if one of the wheels are not braking. Then Ill put truck in shop and take mico accumulock out of system and then try to bleed brakes once again. I put in a brand new slavebooster in past weeks.

Raptor44
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This happened to us. Make sure the rod that goes into the master from the pedal is lined up and straight. If it's even a little off it could cause the problem. This happened on a 41 1.5 ton flatbed chevy. Drove us nuts. Just a thought. Good luck.

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you!

Fritz Maurer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It still seems to me that you still have excessive travel at the wheels, or a huge air bubble. I dont think there is anything wrong with either master cylinder, they are pumping up exactly as they are supposed to. Start by bypassing that line lock. Then using two people, bleed the right rear wheel by holding your finger lightly over the open bleeder while an assistant pumps the brakes hard. There may be an air bubble in the line where it humps over the differential, though Ive never had that be a problem. The larger the line, the more velocity it takes to blow air downhill. The bleeder should be wide open. You can put some silicone grease or Teflon tape on the threads if youre concerned about sucking air between strokes. If this fails, make a plug by brazing shut an inverted flare nut, so you can plug the tee where the lines go to the front and rear of the truck, thus isolating half of the system so you can see which end is giving you trouble. If you have changed any brake lines, they cant have a bunch of humps in them. Some people dont own a double flaring tool and buy pre fab lines at the auto parts store. They are never the perfect length, so the excess is stuffed wherever it can go. Using 1/4 tubing, youll never get the air out unless the fluid is coming out of the bleeder like a fire hose.

Cariboo4x4
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mico Acummulock?? & brake bleeding stumped! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey thank you for the info. We will be bleeding the brakes in the future so Ill braze an inverted flare. I have the tool kits to make up lines and we already decided to put in unions here and there to isolate front or rear brakes.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Yesterday's Trucks All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters