Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Green Magazine

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomstractorsandtoys
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were looking for a No.5 flail attachment for a square baler. I have a 24t with a flail attachment and bale thrower. Tom

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you report that

Kansas4010
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They had a tendency to loose bills or other important pieces of mail for anyone who ticked them off. It just wasn't worth it.

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to. I subbed toward the end of JR Hobbs writing the articles. Still kept the subscription up after he left but after awhile it was just reshashed stuff so I quit. Since then I've been buying back issues of 2 cylinder mags and old green magazines that have articles on tractors I'm interested in.

NoDakInMN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just got this month's issue a few days ago. In it was an article on a subject that comes up often here, what to look for when buying a tractor. The article focused on what to look for when the tractor is a non running gas two cylinder and walked through getting a dead one to run again, that a grandfather bought to work on with his grandson.

Another recent article was on using a hydraulic bead breaker on rear tractor tires. It made the point that if you had a couple of tires or tubes that needed replacing, getting one might pay for itself and described the process of properly replacing a tire and tube with one.

I find myself more knowledgeable after every issue, which is a deal at 3 bucks a copy.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I really liked the old format of the magazine a lot better than the new one .

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been getting it for many years. Just got the latest one today.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The old style was so much better but its still a good book Ill probably get it again

Sleufoot
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like you I look forward to the first of the month when the magazine shows up. I start in the back by reading Mr.Thinker then move on to classified ads. I have
to make sure I put it down or I'll read the whole magazine right away. Tom in Mn.

730virgil
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I have got GM for 30 + years. Mrs. 730 hated to see it come she would say I know what you will doing today.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Green Magazine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats my problem I read the whole thing in one day

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters