Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Fredericksburg Tx

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to Fredericksburg for the weekend, our anniversary.

Any recommendations for places to go? Seen the Pacific Museum, so looking for something different. Not really interested in the crowded specialty shops. More interested in something to see outdoors, history.

Any place to have a nice dinner with live music? Not real fond of German food though.

Mostly going to drive the Willow City Loop bluebonnet trails, backroad exploring.

Thanks!

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For Mexican Food, Hilda Tortillas on Tivydale Rd. just off TX 16. No music and not open on Sunday. Pasta Bella downtown for Italian but no music. The Hill Country Tractor Club has their spring bluebonnet ride Saturday. Starts at Christ Lutheran Church in Cherry Spring. I'm going. Wildseed Farms on US 290 is an interesting place to walk around but can be crowded. Most folks go for the wine thing all over the county. My wife lived there until we got married a couple of years ago but we never really went out at night.

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve, when we visit our daughter in Austin/Lakeway she drags us there and we enjoy it being of German descent but sorry I cant remember the name of the German sounding restaurant we go to. Regardless its a fun quaint little town HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

John T

wingnuttx
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve..... If y'all get to feeling energetic , drive a short ways to Enchanted Rock and climb to the top. Something like 2800' or so if I remember correctly.
Beautiful view from the top. Can see for 20 or more miles. Wingnut

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wingnut might be on to something. Check out these pics of Enchanted Rock:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=enchanted+rock+fredericksburg+tx&iax=images&ia=images

Maybe one of these restaurants will sound familiar to John T:
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/austin/atx-german-restaurants/

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

be sure and get reservations thru Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. They limit entries and weekends in the spring are very busy

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Think it was the Auslander No 7 we visited in Fredricksburg HOWEVER the cities of Gruene and New Braunfels I like even
better but that's not where they are headed.......In Austin we liked the Salt Lick GREAT BARBECUE...

We will be back there this Thanksgiving God willing after a trip west to more National Parks and Carlsbad Caverns

John T

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Admiral Chester Nimitz was born there.
There must be a museum or his boyhood home (he lived in his grand dad's hotel) or some such to see.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My folks swore up & down that I was too young to remember my trip to Carlsbad. Then I started telling them the bits I can remember. Right about that time I heard a strange sound -- of their jaws hitting the floor!

No, do not remember how old (or young) I was s'posed to be.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No help here...

But Happy Anniversary!

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got to thinking -- Carlsbad Caverns is in New Mexico. Natural Bridge Caverns is the one in San Antonio area. Was at Natural Bridge Caverns as a kid. Couldn't tell now which memories come from which caverns.

jddrawbar
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wingnut....the top of Enchanted rock is a bit over 1800'. My property is about 8 miles from there and it's 2400' elevation. Going downhill all the way to the entrance. Like it was said, a reservation ahead of time is necessary....it fills up quick. Backwoods Bar-B-Q is good, just off Tivydale rd., Catfish Haven on main is good, Porky's is a good burger place, on your left going out 87 past the post office. There are a lot of wineries open to visit if you like that sort of thing.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Happy anniversary to both you and your wife.

Hope y'all have a good weekend.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Happy anniversary Steve and Mrs Steve

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fredericksburg Tx Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

I've done the Enchanted Rock hike a few times. I know my wife wouldn't be up for that, and I would have serious doubt about my self anymore!

I may try to catch some of ya'll after the tractor ride when you get back get back.

Thanks again!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters