Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

E-mail notifications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are they working or is that a bug your chasing as of right now?? I noticed where some one answered a post I answered but have yet to get a notification of him answering me

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a problem for now, out of our control. It may be Monday before they solve it. I would suggest not depending on email for contact or notification this weekend, but rather use the forums to discuss on topic issues openly.

This problem doesn't extend to all email addresses, only the older mail services (unfortunately this community does still use those heavily) and there will be a large number of rejections. But for example, Gmail works fine as does Hughes.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I use Hughes net and I have had 4 plus post now get answered including this one but no notifications from any of them.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're right. I wasn't thinking, messages from the server won't work to hughes either, I tested from me to hughes on the server, it's a different thing. I have no response yet on getting this fixed. It's an address thing and we don't control our new address space fully as of yet. It was an oversight I should have done something about earlier.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Better you then me. Most up grades while in theory are good can be a real pain in the back sides till all the bugs are sorted out and that takes time and hair pulling some times and maybe even a few colorful words

RedMF40
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:03:27 04/17/21) Are they working or is that a bug your chasing as of right now?? I noticed where some one answered a post I answered but have yet to get a notification of him answering me

Same issue here, no email notifications.

Gerrit

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: E-mail notifications Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The details are that when we cut over, the datacenter was supposed to change our address information, they had a person injured and our ticket didn't get picked up until after we had cut over. Every email company started blocking us. When our correction came through, most immediately stopped blocking us. One did not.

Unfortunately, it's one company whom (under the hood) does the email for several ancient email brands now. That company doesn't appear to revisit their configuration and has no customer service that could do anything about it. If a site is blocked but no longer has a misconfiguration, they can't do anything but wait.

Given time, this block will be removed.

This is my fault for cutting over before the address information was changed, but I have only a window of one night a week due to traffic levels. We do our best to never be down and especially during high traffic times. If I didn't cut over last Friday night, I would have had to wait another week. I couldn't possibly fathom at the time that this one company would have such practices as they do or I would have done it differently.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters