Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Something's wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There hasn't been a new post on Tractor Talk since the morning funny. I tried to post twice and got the OOPS message. I tried a
message using the Feedback Form and got an internal server error message.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, doesn't sound good. Will check it out.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It worked fine for me so I called in the big guns. Kim is going to look at it.

I also checked that sync is fine between the CV and MV and it does appear to be. I'm at a loss, we'll see if Kim comes up with something. I did see we'd gone for a bit without a post.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried in Classic again, it got kicked out. Tried in Modern and it worked. Here's a link to the post. Maybe you can tell me what there is about it that wouldn't get past the Classic filter.
Link

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is nothing about that which should get kicked out. But I'm wondering if it isn't like the person just below this found. He used word to write up the post, then pasted it in, it turned out there were special characters in it that were caught. When he sent me the text by email, email stripped the special characters off so the version I had posted fine.

There is a good possibility that modern view can handle filtering such characters out which by the time that post gets to classic, it works there too (like just happened with yours).

If this were the problem, we'd have to figure out what about the way you composed that, might have had some special character sequences that didn't work. Then I'd have to figure out how to translate them so classic could work. Phones on some browsers do this and people have had to make the post through modern to get it in, so it would be in keeping that it might be something like this.

This has been a nightmare over the last few years to try and deal with these advanced versions of special characters that are becoming more common. A couple of months ago I put in a new version of classic that was supposed to handle it, but it's highly likely that I didn't fully get it yet.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Posted from a desk top computer, no quotes, no parentheses, typed in just the way it reads. I did notice that when I posted something the other day and used quotes in the text, the quotes were gone when the post showed up in its final form. I even tried this one in Classic without the picture. Didn't make any difference. I tried it on the Oliver forum in Classic too. Wouldn't post there when it was copied and pasted exactly the way it's written.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just tried it on test forum with the same results you got. Looks like something in that text looks like spam to the program. Finding it may be difficult but I'll try.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Something's wrong Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I couldn't find it. I gave the text to Kim to see if she has a place I wouldn't think to look.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters