Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Spring with the 1470

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 1470 had been in storage for 5 years. It needed new tires and I didnt have a field Cultivator for it. The improved farm economy allowed me to make the needed improvements this spring . It has worked great so far and the 1370 will collect some dust. After using the 1370 for 25 years pulling a mounted field Cultivator I havent broke myself of the habit of stepping on a brake to turn around on the ends. When in the 1470 I still try to use the brake pedal to turn out of habit, lol. Rod.

RBnWA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And she's still a beauty. Good looking tractor Rod. RB

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember when I bought the 2470...hard to break the brake stomping habit.

cumminspuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking tractor!

wd9garymn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would hate to get that tractor out in the field and get it dirty but worse yet to leave it in the shed. Very good looking tractor Rod!! How many feet of field cultivator? Gary.

Mike Fitz
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice rig! a few extra coins is a wonderful thing!
Mike

J Hamilton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking tractor! Glad to see it back in service and collecting dust from being used in the field and not from just sitting lol

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 1470 looks great there Rod. Now you need the 2470 out there too and really stir up the neighborhood. Farmer Kurt.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,

My Dad used to say, Give a farmer some money and he'll find a way to spend it. I can't think of a better place than new tires for the 1470. Don

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don the price of the tires was hard to swallow but I am sure glad I did. So far the tractor has worked great and has gotten attention in the neighborhood as everyone thought it was gone after 5 years of no show, Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hmmm, Kurt maybe next year I will try to get that arranged, Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

28.5 ft, it is a great match for the weight and HP of the 1470, Rod.

Jim in Sask
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks real nice. Reminds me of an old family friend who had a 1470 for the last few years he farmed. He was a great guy and the 1470 was a great tractor.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks like one slick rig. I never like the cost of new tires, and have put brand new tires on at least 3 tractors over 50 years old. And the investment was worth it every time. Good tires just make a great tractor better. Junk tires, can make a good tractor into a ornament

Hoofer B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Spring with the 1470 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great. I bet your neighbors are jealous. Bill

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters