Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TSX 593

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diggerdon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After finding out about Sinter bronze filter in TSX carbureters , cause I never heard of it. I need to find out if anyone knows how to replace it and where to buy one ? I can not get anything thru mine in my TSX593 . I tried to clean it with compressed air , but could not get anything thru it.

M-MAN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I get them at Roberts carburetor online but they are currently on backorder. McDonald's carburetor online is showing them for about $7 for the thicker one that you need. Mike Shelby (popping john) may have them as well.

If you don't have a set of pin punches for r&r harbor freight has them for about $5. Separate the carburetor body. On the bottom inside you will see a hole for the gas to drip out. Put a 3/32 pin punch in the hole and tap the plug out. Tap the new one in and use a 1/4 or 5/16 punch to seat it. I barely stake around the plug in 4 spots with a sharp chisel. I don't think it's necessary as the plug is a press fit but the factory did it so I do too.

jimtrs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Diggerdon wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:14:07 04/29/21) After finding out about Sinter bronze filter in TSX carbureters , cause I never heard of it. I need to find out if anyone knows how to replace it and where to buy one ? I can not get anything thru mine in my TSX593 . I tried to clean it with compressed air , but could not get anything thru it.

Air will not readily blow through it, as it is designed to let excess fuel flow through. Probably gummed up from old stale gas / varnish. Try soaking in acetone. Then see if gasoline sitting on it flows through

jimtrs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These can be used also. $2 at MSC

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Diggerdon wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:14:07 04/29/21) After finding out about Sinter bronze filter in TSX carbureters , cause I never heard of it. I need to find out if anyone knows how to replace it and where to buy one ? I can not get anything thru mine in my TSX593 . I tried to clean it with compressed air , but could not get anything thru it.

Marvel Schebler part # is 95-78.

If you GOOGLE that you should find suppliers.

Or, go to a John Deere dealer and have them order that part number on a stock order for you so there's no freight charge.

They are pricey @ some $16, but if you order one form an on-line parts supplier by the time you pay freight it won't be cheap, either.

Diggerdon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I think you told me how in last post (old guy forgets) .

Diggerdon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you ever used these ? Looks like you must drill and tap. Is there enough metal their to tap without leaking ? Thanks

Diggerdon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MSC ? (old guy )

M-MAN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't take a chance on ruining the carburetor. They are getting harder to find and way to expensive. The correct part isn't that expensive and if you have a Deere dealer close by you can have it in a couple days. Online will probably be a week or two.

Diggerdon
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your correct I ordered two they were only $2.95 each. The old one came out good but the punch damaged it . Thanks

M-MAN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: TSX 593 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where did you find them that cheap? Do use the largest punch possible putting it back. It will leave an impression but it won't hurt anything.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters