Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My dome...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

April 21 I had a routine appointment with my dermatologist. He saw a spot on my head that he didn't like and took a sample for a biopsy.

A few days ago, his office called me and said they needed to do more work on the spot. The gal that called didn't go into details over the telephone. We set an appointment for this morning.

The spot was squamous cell carcinoma, the kind of skin cancer that can spread. The doctor cut out quite a chunk to make sure he got it all. I can take the bandage off tomorrow, and go back in two weeks to have the stitches taken out.

I urge anyone of advanced years, who has spent a lot of time in the sun to get a regular checkup by a dermatologist. It's time well spent.

Gtidwell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope they got it all and here is hoping for a speedy and safe recovery. I wear a straw hat to work every day to work. I try and keep my head, ears, and neck protected.

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad they caught it. I had a malignant melanoma on the back of my head a couple of years ago. The Doc didn't mess around. Got a good chunk. Very painful but for a good cause, had my 2 1/2 year checkup Thursday and all is good. My son asked if I got to keep the scalp for my war lance. Speedy recovery!

Tgrasher
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been sampled on a few times, man does that smart, happy the worst is past for you. Anymore, I don't go out to the field without a straw hat.

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I received the same diagnosis for a spot on my left arm two years ago. I went in for MOHS surgery to make sure they got it all. Everything has healed up and haired over now. I'm glad they got yours, too. Take care.

Butch

BAnNC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had several spots frozen over the years but now going the same route you are, Goose. Squamous cell on my temple. Waiting long enough to get healed from hernia surgery to take care of it.

M-MAN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can move around stop waiting and git er done! The freezing is much worse than the surgery. I had three squamous and one melanoma removed last fall. One of those on my temple was the worst but it was just a headache from the needle hitting the bone as there's no meat there.

My older brother had the first of four moh's surgery yesterday for the same type. Us old folks have to keep up with it!

Tom in TN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had a number of spots frozen over the years and most recently had the MOHS surgery to a growth on my cheek. Doc made an incision about an inch and a half long and put in seven stitches. It has healed up very well. I can barely tell where the surgery was.

Tom in TN

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had noticed an odd circular bump on my temple, but didn't think anything of it. During my annual physical, my primary care physician spotted it and sent me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist immediately identified it as a basal cell carcinoma, which is not a big deal but does need to be removed. It was removed with Mohs surgery, an outpatient procedure where they remove a bit at a time until they're certain it's all gone. It takes the better part of a day, but I didn't experience any pain and the doctor got it all.

My dermatologist told me that cancers on the left temple are very common, since most people spend a lot of time driving. I now get a skin scan once a year, and so should anybody else over sixty who has spent much time in the sun.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the very best to you,,from NJ

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see a lot of old folks come into the shop with skin issues so I started asking where they went for treatment. I was using my family doctor it was freeze freeze freeze. I went to a dermatologist they have it under control with just cream for now (basal cell). Head and ears.

I did go thru radiation 20 trips back in Dec/January for my noise.

Yes go to the real deal : ) Ware a HAT I did not I never was one to ware a hat but am now I keep them all over the shop and throw one on when I go out.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good luck to you. My wife had a spot on her neck a few years that she thought was eczema. Local hospital had a skin cancer check program. She went and it was the lesser form of cancer. Had a nickel size chunk taken out of her neck and now goes for regular checks.

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will be OK. I go to the dermatologist every 3 months. He generally freezes of two or three spots. ( 12 was the record) Then usually cuts out 1. He burns, debrides, then burns a second time.

Years of sun, then an anti-rejection drug I take causes increased skin cancer problems.

Good luck, I think you will be fine. Take care, Gene

pcsaw
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My dome... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I finally got an appointment for tomorrow should have went in march hope it's not serious

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters