Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Share points

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck machinist
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An elderly gentleman is looking to get new share points for his plow the numbers read SA 1036. Were out here in Virginia but if anybody knows where we may require a pair I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance Chuck machinist

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH made plows with independent points for a short time. These may be correct scroll down. Jim

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SA 1036 does not sound like an IH part number to me.

There is/was at some time a short line company called "INTERNATIONAL" that made plows, but it was not International Harvester Corporation. I have no idea where you would find parts for these plows.

DaveBN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look in the photo ads under implements. Their is a guy named Steve from Ohio that sells lots of plow parts. Call him he may have what you need.
I am not affiliated with him in any way, just trying to help you.
Dave.

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SA 1036 is an IH number for a share. But it is long gone. I had to go back to a 1941 catalog to even find it, evidently last used on a new plow in 1931. It is a 12" share for a stubble bottom or scotch clipper bottom.

You could check with Ploworx, but i doubt they can help either.

henryv11
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I imagine thats a 1 piece share you should be able to get some weld on points and be good to go.

SadFarmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe it looks like this:

It cost $1.60 in my parts catalog.
R = Right
QD = Quick Detachable

It is a chilled cast share for "G" and "H" bottoms, Little Genius, Little Chief.

SadFarmall

SadFarmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, misread the book - it is a steel cast share.
SadFarmall

SadFarmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Duffield Equipment have plow shares - they might be able to help.
SadFarmall

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a few points & edges that can be welded on if you need them.

newtattoobob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

https://www.ploworx.com/ Give ploworx a call he makes new wear parts for old plows.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1931? Well that explains why it didn't look like an IH part number to me. My brain don't go back that far.

I wonder if a "newer" share like an 0556 will fit. I believe ploworx makes a replacement share. It's not on his website.

Just don't expect new shares to cost $1.60... I believe ploworx's products are essentially hand made and it's 2021 not 1941.

SadFarmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found an earlier book, where it was listed at $1.30 - nice to dream of that kind of price!
SadFarmall

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1961 Tractor Supply catalog.
You would not believe the variety and
quantity of old tractor parts that are
listed. The prices are unbelievably low.
However I would imagine they are about
par for everything else in 1961.

henryv11
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Share points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

corn is $15.00 a bushel now than it was $1.00 a bushel

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters