Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Turned a few furrows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plowed some on the ground I rented tonight. Still too wet and there are some wet spots so I only did a few acres.

Supposed to be nice for a while now so hopefully it will dry out and I can get planted. We haven't gotten much rain really but it's been cold and cloudy so nothing dries. This week looks warmer so thy should help.

Credysis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those look really great. I hope that the weather agrees with you soon.

Bernsie Mn.
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you aim for that big white pine to set a such a straight furrow? Looks like dry weather coming anyway to Pine county.

shaun wallace
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty !!!!!! love the smell of fresh turned soil.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Soybeans? Corn?

Folks are switching over, done with corn, starting beans down here. Some like me still working on corn, some nearly wrapped up with both.

Nicest weather in 6 years down here southern part of the state. Little cool, and not much sun, but sure nice all in all.

That sure looks nice. Spring plowing doesnt work well down here, too much clay, cant bust the bricks apart. Dad did it for years, but it wasnt a good thing.

Paul

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sod rolled over flat as a table top . I guess everyone is right I need coulters

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This will be corn. We have the same problem with lumps but I have no choice this year as it was too wet last year to fall plow.

Philip d
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking furrows Jon!

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks good to me jon

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You CASE guys sure do some pretty plowing!!!

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

X2

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now that's a real nice job!

Ben

jddrawbar
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned a few furrows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks nice! We ran JD and Case plows in the same fields and I always liked the way the Case turned the dirt all the way over. JD slabs were at a angle.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters