Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need help with ID of Ford tractor model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokegunner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi All, I'm usually playing with 9N or 2N tractors so I don't know much about the newer ones. Today I was watching an online auction that is located around 50 miles from home here and saw a tractor listed
for sale. I threw a bid on it and sat back and I'll be darned if I didn't win!! Woo Hoo... I think.

All they said on the description is 1976 Ford tractor, runs but needs solenoid, Gas not Diesel.

I have attached a photo here, also have a few photos of the dash area but I was hoping you all would maybe see something that tells what model it could be?
I see it has a ram on the right side for steering... so I am guessing maybe a 2000 or 3000 or 3600 maybe?

Thanks for any assistance.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hard to tell from that one picture. Could you post some pictures form some other angles?

It will be hard to get in there to see with at loader frame, but can you get the numbers off of the flat spot near the starter, or hopefully the original foil sticker might still be there on the under side of the right side hood panel above the battery. Post those numbers back here if you can find them and we would be better able to help.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what little we can see - high arched front axle and 8 on 6 rear lug pattern plus you state it has a steering cylinder on the right side I'm gonna guess it's a 3400 or maybe the 76-82 replacement for the 3400 - 335?

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After saving pic and lighting it up, it really looks like an all purpose adjustable front axle... SO...

back to 3000 or 3600? Pic is not great.

Brokegunner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for looking. Here's the rest of the photos. It will be another week before I can pick it up so I thought I would ask about the model but either way I bought it so I will figure it out when I get it
home :)

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you may be right on the AP front
axle.
Too hard to see on this phone.
Has an X000 style tach/guage cluster.
Straight up 4 sp too.
Probably a 2000/3000

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:04:43 04/29/21) I think you may be right on the AP front
axle.
Too hard to see on this phone.
Has an X000 style tach/guage cluster.
Straight up 4 sp too.
Probably a 2000/3000

Yeah, they dropped the 4 speed part way through the X000 production run. It wasn't even available on the x600 series.

cdmn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 3000 gas has the air cleaner at the back. The 3400 diesel has it in front, or do they vary?
Industrial has 24 inch rear wheels. May not have 3 point or hydraulics. Sometimes no drawbar nor PTO. Front pump to operate loader.

Brokegunner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi cdmn,

I forgot there was one photo of the rear and it has a standard 3 point on it. I will post a reply here when I get it hauled home next week.

Brian

Brokegunner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok I brought the tractor home today. I was
able to get it running and drive it on the
trailer. There is no foil under the hood
and the engine is real dirty but I was able
to see it is a three cylinder.
I will attach some photos.

Brokegunner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with ID of Ford tractor model Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Definitely a 1965-1968 2000 or 3000. More likely a 3000 as most of the early 2000's had the round profile rear axle trumpets.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters