Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4250 PST

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmickey12
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a 4250 jd tractor and i just rebuilt the transmission the shifter valve housing and clutch housing (didn't touch the transmission pump) but if i let the tractor low idle the trans pressure light pops on but if i'm over 1500 rpms it goes out...plus it doesn't like to engage in reverse when you start the tractor.....my lube pressure are within spec according to the tech manual....the preliminary element leakage checks for b1-c-1-c2 are as follows:
clutch not depressed
b1 130PSI (park)
r1 (c1) 125
r2 (2) 130
Clutch depressed
park (c1) 140 PSI
r1 (c1) 130 PSI
r2 (c2) 140 PSI

rockcreek4630
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put gauges into system and lube ports
adjust rpm to get around 10 psi on the lube
gauge go through gears and watch for
pressure drops

cmickey12
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-rockcreek4630 wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:02:50 05/03/21) Put gauges into system and lube ports
adjust rpm to get around 10 psi on the lube
gauge go through gears and watch for
pressure drops

I have done this 3 times with the same results

cmickey12
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and everytime i push the clutch in and engage in r1-r3 with the clutch coming out at close to the top i loose the gear

cmickey12
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

with no real pressure drops... all gears hold roughly 9-10 but stablizes to 10 psi

rockcreek4630
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With system pressure low when you shift it
dips and is probably kicking in the
engagement override valve can you shim up
system pressure

cmickey12
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I can it doesn't have any shims in it didn't have any when I rebuilt the pst

cmickey12
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok system pressure was 140 psi at 2000 rpms at 110 degrees
added 7 shims to bring to 180 psi at 2000 rpms at 110 degrees with clutch depressed but only 140psi clutch up and there is an odd sound like a throbbing sound from around the priority valve to rocker arm housing

rockcreek4630
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 4250 PST Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not sure what you mean by rocker
housing. But with that pressure drop you
have a leak your lube pressure should be
dropping of to c low and b 1 are the only
ones used in park. If you get the same
pressure drop in all the gears with clutch
up and down I would say there is a problem
in the clutch valve body.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters