Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Question on clutch joint ring coupling on H ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueridge
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Question on clutch joint ring coupling on H ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is what the parts book calls it, the square coupling that the bolts go through, are the tapered bolts supposed to fit tight in the square coupling? Holes do not appear to be rounded out very much, but I got new bolts from Steiner and they are loose in holes, also got new rubbers. When I restored this H 12 years ago I welded up bolts to fit holes tighter, bolts were wore bad. I have read these topics for a few years and do not remember anyone asking about this. I have another square coupling off a parts H and it is about the same as this one. Thought maybe someone had ran into this. I just installed new bearings in the top shaft in trans. Wanting to get everything together tight. Thanks for any help, I have not seen any new ones anywhere either. Gene

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on clutch joint ring coupling on H ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bolts should not be tight in the coupling ring but not slopping loose either. A new ring and new bolts the bolts would fit freely in coupler. New rubbers should clamp ring tightly though. Not that they would stay that tight after being compressed for a while. As long as it does not wobble when running you will be ok.

FBH44
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on clutch joint ring coupling on H ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be aware, that coupler can go back together two ways. Mount it so there is the maximum open space inside it, not the minimum. If you mount it with the minimum space inside, the end of the drive shaft will not fit into the needle bearing pilot bearing, and it'll flap around and flop around and destroy things. BTDT.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters