Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsmm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is anyone else have problems with you tube switching what you're watching on you. I use you tube for various info on working on vehicles, tractors etc and lately I'll be watching a video and it will switch to a totally different video (not an add). If you're having this also and figured out how to resolve it please let me know. Yes to me the Internet and it's various websites are a tool to me, just like a service manual is a tool

MJMJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you watching it through a computer/phone, or a smart TV? I watch through the TV most nights and the kids are always watching it. We havent had any issues.

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This can happen if you don't have many 'liked ' videos , the algorithm is looking to compile a profile on you , try giving the ones you are interested in a thumbs up . This will make it more certain of what to.offer you and should stop the 'sampling ' from happening . Also log out of YouTube and re log in to re set your account .

A tip re ads , i use an ad blocker on my lap top but it doesn't work on my phone . Ads start off at 5 seconds but can increase to over a minute of compulsory viewing for clips you like . To stop this increase reject any video with more than a 5 second ad , this will let the algorithm know you are intolerant and impatient and it won't increase the ad length on you . Just remember what clip you want to see and view it later , usually there will be a short ad or no ad at all .

MJMJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Liking or not liking videos shouldnt cause videos to switch in the middle of watching one. I could see that affecting recommended videos. Ive never liked any videos, wouldnt even know how.

Gary Mitchell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use y0u-tube for the same purpose that you use it, and an occasional oldie. I have not noticed the issue you speak of but it does seem, especially on my phone, they seem to increasingly pester you to join their community. I expect this will eventually lead to having to pay for the benefit of using it. Seems like nearly every other free thing on here has gone that way,,,, for instance address and phone books. gm Sad

1948CaseVAI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have a touch pad you can see that behavior by inadvertently getting your hand too close to the touch pad if the cursor is over another video preview on the right side of the screen.

Some machines are more sensitive than others, and some touch pads respond to their settings better. We had a heck of a time getting government school teachers (4,000 of them where I was in charge of the programming) to keep their hands away from the things.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nothing like that has happened to me unless I grab at the tablet and touch the screen. Then it starts playing the video I touched.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

only that i watch too many vids .

Mule Meat
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You Tube has changed their format.
If you notice the Auto play, settings and timer "bar" are now hidden.

To open them you must touch the screen.

Then you will see where you can change the settings.

By hiding all of the settings now. You can almost just breath and the video will change. Youtube is trying to force everyone to sign up for the TV service for about $60 a month. With all of the other media platforms out now days. You tube is hurting for cash especially in the music video department. If an artist does not make videos through Vevo. They are not going to be seen as much.

I rarely use YouTube now days. For it has been slowly dieing for years now. You can tell they are hurting by the number of ads that keeps increasing.

bc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1948CaseVAI wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:52:00 05/10/21) If you have a touch pad you can see that behavior by inadvertently getting your hand too close to the touch pad if the cursor is over another video preview on the right side of the screen.

Some machines are more sensitive than others, and some touch pads respond to their settings better. We had a heck of a time getting government school teachers (4,000 of them where I was in charge of the programming) to keep their hands away from the things.

Have the same issue with a mouse. Leave the curser sitting somewhere and all of a sudden it starts it. When typing on YT sometimes I may leave the mouse curser at the top and all of a sudden in the middle of typing it starts typing in where the mouse curser is. Kind of a pain.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: slightly o/t is anyone else have problems with you tube Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bc wrote:
Have the same issue with a mouse. Leave the curser sitting somewhere and all of a sudden it starts it. When typing on YT sometimes I may leave the mouse curser at the top and all of a sudden in the middle of typing it starts typing in where the mouse curser is. Kind of a pain.

Get a less sensitive mouse or stop pounding on the keyboard so hard when you type.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters