Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New to Yesterdays Tractors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess Ill start by declaring I have caught the Ferguson bug that is for sure.
I thought the time right to meet some like minded tractor restoration enthusiasts.
My relatively new hobby began at the Toowoomba and District Old Machinery show in Oakey in Oct 2019. It was a great day trip with the parents and in-laws. It also ignited a need to save an old 1958 standard engine FE35 that had been in the family many years. She is now at about 95% done, running and a heap of fun. Just a few last minor mostly cosmetic touches needed.
Well today I began tearing down a 1953 TEA 20. It is all very familiar atm with the recent FE35 challenges still freshly remembered.
The intention is to keep her in original colours and again take it back to a shell and rejuvenate from there.
I hope it will be ok for me to reach out when the need is there.
I have already done some reading on why the gear shift is stuck in neutral and the solution seems pretty straight forward given no surprises.
Anyway, I probably dont need to bang on any more.
Looking forward to some chat.

Thanks. Mik in Queensland.

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome to YT Mik in Queensland.

Bob. North Western Alberta Canada...

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

quote="Qld Mik"](reply to post at 05:40:07 05/09/21) [/quote]
Hi Mik.
Standard engines do have a few quirks , as you've probably found . This forum has lots of Australian members , you might find it useful .

https://www.greyfergieforum.com/

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. Thanks Charles.
Looking forward to the TEA20 adventure.

Jim L WA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Mik, welcome to the forum. I live in Washington State, USA just a few miles from the Idaho border. I'm relatively new to Ferguson's myself having obtained a 1950 TO20 a couple of years ago. It's a work tractor that I try to treat nicely.

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gday Jim.
Its great that you have your TO20 working for you. I guess thats a testament to the solid build of the machine all those years ago.
I will also use the Little Grey but only to pull logs back to the house for firewood.
Cheers, Mik

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The fe 35 standard motors petrol are pretty rare over here in the states although I've owned 2 and have since sold them. They seem to be a little more peppy with the 87mm engine than the continental.

Tom H.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hiya Mik and welcome. Your with friends and enthusiasts here who have a great love for these machines. I know, I have 9 of them at home 4 running and the rest projects to come.

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi 2tractors.
Agree that they have some go.. I got this motor running after it had been sitting for over 10 years in the open. It took us about an hour and would only then run on half choke....and drove this particular petrol FE35 about 4km off of a property (due to access issues) , with one section up an incline requiring tow assistance from my Landcruiser (track too steep for hauling trailers), only to then learn that 4 valves were stuck open.
There seems to be no stopping her.
Well done on your collection. That certainly gives me something to aspire to!!!!

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Apologies, I had meant to applaud Tom H for his collection.
9 tractors.....hmmmm....I am going to need another shed!😁😁

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is my TEA20. 1st time posting photos so hope it works.....
Ive got some wrk to do.

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didnt work. Sorry.....

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[img:90cd6a39c6][/img:90cd6a39c6][url][/url]

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Both of mine had been sitting for some time an I experienced low oil pressure after they get warmed up but after time it did improve. Be careful with the adjustment just above the filter, I sprung my oil guage
by turning to high it read 60 lbs with engine off!

Qld Mik
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: New to Yesterdays Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up 2tractors.
I appreciate the advice and will watch out for that!!
Cheers.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters