Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Planted a few spuds tonight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got off work a little early and went and helped plant potatoes .
Samson and Delilah showed up at 730 this morning now to
take it town get it put on.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What variety are the seed potatoes?? Tell us more about the commercial potato farming if possible,,sure would like to hear about it,How far is it from you?

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Holy cow ! That's a potato planter?? I think Larry and I need one?? Lol

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont need one,,,need your FORD Backhoe,,or Geo s terrormite,to dig a hole,so I can jump in it,,then cover me up

Turkeyfoot
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Spudnik! Great name. Gotta love a manufacturer with a sense of humor. Never heard of them but they must be lead manufacturer for potato ag.

Turkeyfoot
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I visited a potato chip plant one time and they were using a variety called Snowden. That plant was in Virginia. I've never seen snowden seed potatoes any place.

37 chief
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So that's what a new tire looks like. It has been years for me. Stan

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First new rear tire I have ever bought going to pick up another one come fall

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are a leader if not the leader . Theyve been around for 150 years unfortunately the Germans own them now

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These are russet rangers . There are a bunch of variety of russets . Most of the potatoes we grow are for seed they will sell to other farmers who will grow potatoes for French frys and chips and any kind of potatoes you buy to eat . Some will be planted and sacked in 50 Pound bags and sold to the public to eat though . One variety is almost like a squash with that sweet flavor and texture they are becoming my favorite

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could plant your sweet potatoes with it

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Planted a few spuds tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just think of all the fun you could have Larry

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters