Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Del Huebner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Working on trying to bring back a Jubilee as close to original as I can. Would like to know if someone could tell me the colors of the radiator and
shroud? I am thinking either red or black but not sure. Thanks

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Del Huebner wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:06:18 05/13/21) Working on trying to bring back a Jubilee as close to original as I can. Would like to know if someone could tell me the colors of the radiator and
'almost' certain red shroud & black radiator.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:15:15 05/13/21)
CVPost-Del Huebner wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:06:18 05/13/21) Working on trying to bring back a Jubilee as close to original as I can. Would like to know if someone could tell me the colors of the radiator and
'almost' certain red shroud & black radiator.

I don't know for sure either, but I think JMOR is right.
The radiator was painted with high heat black radiator paint. Still available.
The shroud, I believe, was painted with the same red paint as the body.
Sure wish I could find anything that told me for sure, but I have not.
I've painted at least four Jubes now, and painted them all that way.

This photo from John Smith's history site.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an advertising catalog from 1958 that used actual photographs. I have gone through it carefully a few times but the lighting is not adequate to tell the color of the shroud. I agree with the others however that the radiator should be black and the shroud red. My apologies to JMOR.

steve in ok
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you search on you tube for the advertisement video of the jubilee you may be able to see the shroud color and maybe get an idea of radiator color.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

steve in ok wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:43:00 05/14/21) If you search on you tube for the advertisement video of the jubilee you may be able to see the shroud color and maybe get an idea of radiator color.
steve in OK is correct. In the 31 minutes of "The New Ford Tractor" (Golden Jubilee) there are few opportunities to see the shroud due to camera angles & lighting, but here is one screen shot from the video. Also, a bit of a surprise to me is that the coil mounting bracket is black, as I expected cadmium plated with no paint.

michford
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wonder what the cable running down the tube from the air cleaner to carb is in the screen shot?

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-michford wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:11:59 05/14/21) Wonder what the cable running down the tube from the air cleaner to carb is in the screen shot?
fuel line from gas tank.

michford
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting. I didn't think that was where the fuel line was routed on Jubilee and NAA tractors.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-michford wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:03:44 05/14/21) Interesting. I didn't think that was where the fuel line was routed on Jubilee and NAA tractors.
Well, it is, then as Ford went fromNAA to hundred series they made the big mistake of routing the fuel line between manifold and head, probably the hottest place around the engine! Rolling Eyes

Del Huebner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee Radiator and Shroud Colors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You All for the help. Will go with the black radiator and red shroud. I think it will look real good.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters