Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Fuel Line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
formerjackman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just wanted to show you all the fuel line that was in my 8N when i bought it. Left side was connected directly to the tank (no sediment bowl) and the right side to the carb. The bend at the very right is kinked...looks like it was bent with pliers. Needless to say, i replaced everything with a safer alternative.

Jim L WA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Holy Molly. Two fuel shutoffs? Two inline filters? Now that is farmerised. Thanks for sharing.

Smokeonthewater
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Jim L WA wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:03:41 04/24/21) Holy Molly. Two fuel shutoffs? Two inline filters? Now that is farmerised. Thanks for sharing.

Meh, a true farmer would have had some bailing twine and a license plate worked into it.... lol

trouttman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

formerjackman wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:14:50 04/24/21) Just wanted to show you all the fuel line that was in my 8N when i bought it. Left side was connected directly to the tank (no sediment bowl) and the right side to the carb. The bend at the very right is kinked...looks like it was bent with pliers. Needless to say, i replaced everything with a safer alternative.

I ran a setupl like that for about 5 years, then replaced everything like it should be and been chasing leaks eversenes.

trouttman

Mad Farmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I got my 9N the fuel line was not that ugly but it wasn't nice either.

It's easy, and cheap, to make one up from the proper size steel brake line if you have a flare tool and a tubing cutter.

kossuth
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Mad Farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:06:33 04/24/21) When I got my 9N the fuel line was not that ugly but it wasn't nice either.

It's easy, and cheap, to make one up from the proper size steel brake line if you have a flare tool and a tubing cutter.
Do remember that the proper tools, materials, and time are always in short supply when the farmer has hay on the ground/seed to get into the ground/ground to work. The above reasons are why many of these little hack jobs/treasures exist. Granted some of it is lazyness/ignorance but it's amazing some of the little things you find.

Like in the case I'm dealing with now where the inside of the axle retainer is all goobered up from a spinning race. Peening the inside of the retainer wasn't enough to hold the race so they wrapped the race in some type of really hard foil tape. It lasted 30+ years like that but now that I have seen the mess my granddad/hired help made of it it's no wonder the damned thing always leaked.

Tenacres
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to put all of the various attachments that I removed from the 1952 8N with an ugly but working Cessna front loader. One of my oops was to lift up the hood without unhooking the fuel line. I'm deeply grateful for the products and service of YT, including a new fuel line and the brass elbow at the carb. The tractor was a gift, but a pretty expensive one, but I've learned a lot over the past 8 months,among other things, cleaning, draining, replacing gaskets, hoses, hydraulic lines, new driver in the starter, painting, wiring harness, and another oops when I messed up the key switch muscling the hood off the dashboard.

I can't blame anyone but myself for any missteps along the way.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters