Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford Hydraulics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ford 860
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1958? Ford 860 with a front end loader. the loader works but the three point doesn't. I have included some pictures of the plate where the lift lever is mounted on top of the transmission. in the one picture you can see a extra 3/4 inch pipe plug if I hook a hydraulic pressure line to it will my three point hitch work?

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the remote valve operate the loader up and down along with the loader having a trip bucket?
With the remote in neutral fluid is directed to the lift control, since the loader works the pump is working but it looks like you have issues with the lift top.
Stuck control valve, cam pin issue, ect
You'll have to pull the lift top to find the issue.

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make sure the lift arms are down a couple inches from extreme top. The three point control lever has to be down some what for the loader valve to
function. Drop me an email, it should be open.

ford 860
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The loader works fine the bucket dumps manually there are no cylinders for the bucket but the three point doesn't do anything.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are the lift cylinders for the loader single acting?

Did the 3 point ever work since you've had the loader installed?

Eman85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have an answer, just a question. Why are there 2 hoses attached to what looks to be the pressure outlet of the block?

ford 860
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote=Y"Eman85"](reply to post at 17:58:23 05/16/21) [/quote]
Yes the cylinders are single acting. When I bought the tractor the loader was already mounted on it and the three point has never worked. There are two hoses because one goes to each cylinder of the loader.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never seen a remote valve quite like that one. I am guessing it is some third party valve that was installed with the loader and it somehow bypasses the 3 point lift circuit and dumps the fluid back in the sump, and that the owner at the time that the loader was installed didn't care bout the 3 point lift. There might be some way to reconfigure that valve to allow the 3 point lift to work, but if you have no documentation for it you would need to rely on someone on here recognizing it and knowing how to configure it.

If no one can identify it and tell you how to reconfigure it, I would recommend replacing that valve with a proper Ford or Tisco remote valve that can be configured for single acting cylinders and also allows the 3 point lift to work.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a Ford remote valve, my 62 model 801 had one
It is plumbed for single action control with that small line running from the second port back to a the block
It works the same as any other Ford remote has it gets fluid from the pump first and then directs it to the lift controls
Since the loader works the lift issue is in the lift itself, most likely the lift control valve is stuck but Id go thru the lift while its off

Eman85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok so you use that lever to work the loader. Where does the fluid return to?
I always thought the fluid went there first and then to the 3 point. Do you have the original plate that mounts there? I wonder if removing that valve and installing the original plate might allow the 3 point to work? It would be easier than pulling the top cover.

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That valve was designed by Ford for the NAA with the right adaptor plate, I would be very interested in swapping that valve for a valve designed for
your 860.My email should be open

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I might add that you will probably have to remove the lift chest to free up the unloading valve to get the three point working. Don't think the remote valve is your problem

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eman85 wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:45:10 05/16/21) Ok so you use that lever to work the loader. Where does the fluid return to?

In a loader with single acting cylinders, it only has power to raise the arms and it relies on gravity to lower them. When the control valve is properly configured for single acting cylinders, the fluid flows back through the same lines that deliver the lifting power when the control handle is moved to the lowering position and gravity does its thing.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eman85 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:45:10 05/16/21) Ok so you use that lever to work the loader. Where does the fluid return to?
I always thought the fluid went there first and then to the 3 point. Do you have the original plate that mounts there? I wonder if removing that valve and installing the original plate might allow the 3 point to work? It would be easier than pulling the top cover.

The fluid returns back thru the valve the same as any other valve with a single acting cylinder hooked to it
His loader only has hoses connected to the lift side and has not down pressure
Implements such as a wheel disc, trailed brush hog, 3 point disc mower, Vee rake with one line connected to the lift cylinder all work in the same manner and would connect to the valve the same as how his loader is plumbed
Anytime your not operating the valve fluid is being directed to the 3 point lift controls

ford 860
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So back to the original question what is the extra 3/4 inch pipe plug for?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters