Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Why does it do this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you mean where the link is somehow set on the date/time? If so, I have never seen that. When you see it happen, email me a link to where it's happening and I'll check it out.

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A little late to the game, but I think he is referring to the topic ..4230 oil line.. being broken. Glad to hear you are working on the ..edit function.. that is kind of a thorn in my flesh. Think we can ever get punctuation back if posting from a iPhone? At least apostrophes and quotation mark would be a good start. Thanks for everything!

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was just looking at that question this morning to see if he had provided more info. Then looked over at the topic and noticed the broken topic just below it. Then researched that instead since I couldn't find a problem with his thread.

Looked like the original topic was created in December and had a greater than 50 character subject which was a problem up until a month and a half ago. That may have been it or just that the OP was no longer on classic view, that always does it. So it had two strikes against it.

On modern someone replied to it and got it going again, and the thread continued normally over there while being split apart on Classic. At the time I wondered about the possibility of reinserting the thread into classic if it gets a future reply, but that may be far too difficult to do. The difficulty is that since modern works correctly forever, and classic is a limited time forum, people post replies on threads not realizing nor caring that classic can't handle it. The simplest thing to do would be figure out a way that modern could know the thread was dead on classic and block posting to it. Don't have a way offhand yet.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the iphone issue, if you could do me a favor and try a post where they don't appear with safari (I'm guessing you are using chrome) it would be interesting info. I test with an iphone and didn't have the problem.

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a look in the test forum, parameters are explained
there. Every apostrophe and quotation mark was removed.
Thanks!

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I mean when I post something and then another post shows up right below like a reply but it isnt a reply to my Thread , the site automatically has been removing any special characters when my dumb phone tries to add them which is really nice then I dont have to try and outsmart it

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Why does it do this Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is what we were discussing above. I thought you were talking about your post, but it was the other post that was broken and just happened to appear by yours. It no longer happens so often as it used to but when people reply to a very old post that is no longer listed on Classic View, it does this. It wasn't your post.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters