Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall 350 Need education!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RalphWD45
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Farmall 350 6 volt with TA, that I either need to totally rebuild the 175 c engine, or find an engine for it. I need to know what other tractors, used the 175 c engine, also I am wondering, how to support the narrow front end, and the rear end ,when I split , and remove the present enging? I haqve never worked on a farmall before.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is why my shop has an overhead I-Beam and 5 chain hoists hanging on it with 3 on trolleys so splitting any tractor becomes easy. Did a IH656 a few years ago and needed all 5 plus a com-a-long

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will depend on your equipment. If you have means to lift front bolster assembly, wheels and all that is how I did it. All hoods off, steering shaft out. Raise middle and securely block it up.

Then pull bolster off, leaving one frame rail on for extra engine support. Hydraulic lines off pump. May be able to just block them over to clear depending on which lines or hose it has, if not remove whole line front to rear.

Easier to pull engine if you take head off but works either way. Then hoist engine out. No splitting stand needed or even wanted for that matter.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With my chain hoist set up I would never go back to using splitting stands

RalphWD45
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It sounds like, just take my time, think it out, and whatever works best. I wonder if an engine hoist will pick up the front bolster? I am kinda short on overhead beams, to hang a hoist on.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no because it might have the capacity, but it will not have the stability. the rear 1/2 can be blocked up with timbers (never concrete) and be stable. put the cribbing just behind the engine to frame casting split. The front needs to have engine splitting stands. either made or borrowed or purchased. they attach to the frame rails and hold the entire front upright and have wheels to allow it to be moved forward to split the tractor. compared to having someone else do the work, they are cheap. Jim

Matt E.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can remove the front bolster and lay it down with a good engine hoist. I did my SMTA wide front that way but you really need two guys to handle everything. There are easier ways to do things but depends on what you have. Strip down the motor as far as you can first and block up the bell housing. Like you said, take your time and think it through. The stuff is heavy, be careful.

used red MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To answer your question about other tractors using the same C-175 as a 350, to the best of my knowledge there is none. There may have been some used as power units in some other machines but I cannot tell you what those might have been. The C-169 from a 300 would be a direct bolt in. Also some of the later ..Stage II.. Super H C-164 engines set up for live hydraulics would be a direct bolt in. You could also use an H C-152 engine or an early Super H engine but you would have to install the heavier live hydraulics cam drive gear and the front engine plate and gear cover of the 350 or at least ones that accommodate the install of the live hydraulic pump. There was another C-175 engine that was built in 1967 and later that was fit to the 454 & 464 utility tractors but it was a different configuration then the earlier Farmall version. Just for grins incase you are not aware of this I will add a link to the CNHI parts look up for the 350.
CNHI Farmall 350 online parts pages

Keith-OR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Call Doug De Avis in Mosa Lake, WA. He might have what ya need. Real easy to deal with.

Ph# 509-750-2744

RalphWD45
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys! There was so much good information, that I printed out all 4 pages, to refer back to. A special thanks to Keith OR. for the contact info.

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 350 Need education! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, you have to take the side rails off to remove engine, there fore you do not want any splitting stand on front section. Way too much extra work as you still have to hang front bolster.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters