Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Pic of the day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I split some wood today. Black locust and wild cherry, both dead standing.

Both were NOT easy splitting!

Guido.

Phil9N3667
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the mall hiding the wood splitter in the background!!??

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Phil,

Nope! If you look at the picture, you will see that the Chopper1, has two levers on the side of the axe.

It will throw wood split 5 to 10 feet on each side.

It's not safe to be to my left or my right, chips will fly!

Guido.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well that just makes more exercise chasing the wood. think i will stick to my splitting axe .

wingnuttx
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guido...what that tool in the top right corner of pic #1? Wingnut

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rustred,

The other 1/2 usually goes right in the wood stack

Guido.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wingnut,

That is a pruner saw. Comes in handy cutting splintered ends. It will cut wood too.

When I go to put the flag in, I will take a picture for you.

Made in the U. S. A. TOO!

GUIDO.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wingnuttx,

As promised,

Guido.

stevob671
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're supposed to do that when it is about 10 degrees out...splits much better!

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have my respect sir. I split and stacked close to a cord yesterday but I used a hydraulic splitter and a loader tractor to move it all. I haven't swung a splitting mall in years, but I deffenetly remember when all I had was a mall or an axe to split with and I always have heated with wood, 4 to 5 cord a year.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Guido. I pulled a muscle in my back three months ago picking up rounds. No fun. I decided to purchase a hookaroon from Council tools. I wanted the 36 inch handled one because of my height. That tool is a amazing. I move rounds with no problem and even smaller (5ft.) logs. Nice wood pile by the way.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-ASEguy wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:49:38 05/20/21) Hey Guido. I pulled a muscle in my back three months ago picking up rounds. No fun. I decided to purchase a hookaroon from Council tools. I wanted the 36 inch handled one because of my height. That tool is a amazing. I move rounds with no problem and even smaller (5ft.) logs. Nice wood pile by the way.
I suppose I am a dummy, but all I have ever seen a splitting maul accomplish, in my hands & other hands, is break handles!

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR,

That is not a maul. It is a wood chopper,
not much heavier then a splitting axe. Never broke a handle get. May be I am just lucky,

Guido.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Pic of the day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ASEguy,

I almost bought one, then I made this.

Works pretty good, I guess about a 30 handle,

Guido.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters