Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey 35 3pt Arms are SLOW to Lower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FullPullLarry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Massey 35 3pt Arms are SLOW to Lower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the strangest issue. Been running a big heavy box scraper behind my Massey 35 for the past week. Yesterday I had this issue where the blade lowers really slow. Usually if I lower the 3pt arm lever the attachment falls straight to the ground (and falls hard). Now if the scraper falls down slowwww - like 5 seconds to get down and if I push the quadrant lever all the way down it seems like it stops the lowering...if I push the quadrant lever down but leave about an inch before bottoming out the arms slowly lower. On the up side I have to pull the quadrant lever all the way up to get it to move up. The pump is a new replacement pump installed not too many hours ago and the arms dumped down and came back up much nicer until 2 days ago. What did I break on the tractor by banging that box blade around!?

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 35 3pt Arms are SLOW to Lower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats NORMAL, lower end of quadrant is DROPPING speed
response adjustment range..

DavidP,South Wales
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 35 3pt Arms are SLOW to Lower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As Dieseltech has said, this is quite normal as you move the control
lever into the Response quadrant. This moves the control valve
towards the neutral position thereby slowing the flow of oil. If you
think that you may have damaged something it would be wise to
check the operation of the control valve assy where the top link is
attached. Make sure that it is free and not stuck in or out. It does
sound a little like you may have damaged(bent) one of the linkage
frames inside the hydraulic cover.
DavidP, South Wales

FullPullLarry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 35 3pt Arms are SLOW to Lower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you think I bent? The arms that come down from the quadrant and actuate the pump or something under the seat?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters