Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
red bullet
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know where a hyd drive front axle ( Mud Hog) is for a 70 series case? I am looking at buying a 1070 and would like to install one and play with it a little. It would just be my yard tractor.

casepower970
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you were doing tillage I would reccomend it..

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know for a period of time the hyd fwd was available for the 90 series, but I don't think they ever offered it on the 70 series. Main reason would have been the limitations of the open center hyd system used on the 70's. Such a system on them I believe would cause a lot of heat build up in the hyd's and shorten the life of the gear type pump. Just my two cents worth, Rod.

RGMartin
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Loren was somehow involved the development of these. If I recall correctly, there was a separate pump mounted out in front of the tractor. Then a bunch of fancy valving integrated into the powershift.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
I was fortunate enough to work with Bill Simpson, via a lot of phone calls to get this project done. This 1070 was the prototype, which lead to the 90 series HFWA. The standard hyd. pump on the 70's were not suited to drive the Mud Hog, so a front mounted pump was incorperated. The 90 seties tractors had a pump that would handle the MH.
I ordered this 1070 with a ROPS, but when we sold it we had to make it an open station so the customer could get it in the manure shed. We never sold another 70 series, but we went on to sell two 22's and a 2090. Then the MFD's came out.
Loren

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you know where that tractor is today?? Is it still operational?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, it is still working on the farm where we sold it, about 20 miles from me. The pic was taken the summer of 2011.
Loren

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Loren, Thats neat to know, so this is truly one of a kind?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
I don't know how many of these kits were built. We had the tractor sent from Case to Mud Hog. They built and installed the unit, and when they finished, (about 4 months) Case Fleet picked it up and delivered it, and the leftover front end parts to our dealership. It arrived here and we preped it and took it to the NYS Farmshow and Field Days, where it was debuted in the Case exibit, the fall of 77.
Loren

D-C-741
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw a 1370 in a dealers lot in Western NY That Had HYD Front Drive On It a Few Years Ago.CASE Sent One [ 1070 w Cab & AC /It had the HYD Front Drive/ They only had it about a Week before it was Sold ] To S C HANSEN IN Horseheads,NY [long time CASE Dealer ].It was one of the very last 70 series that they had as the 90 series were out.

NickatKY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic MFWD for 70 series Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The topic post your dream tractor came up on Facebook. This 1070 would be my first pic.
Nick

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters