Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Solar Tractor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtatum
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

8N Solar Tractor anyone? This is very interesting. According to the post it will run 1.5 hours between charges. What do you think?

http://austin.craigslist.org/grd/3698126135.html

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I'll pass.
$8K for a tractor that needs $700 worth of batteries to run 1 1/2 hours at a time?

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not practical, but it did give the fellow something to do with his mind & time. That is good.

Tom Bond
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Holy crap! And I thought I was asking too much for my 861 to make room for a new project......

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1 1/2 working hours, doing what, pulling a lawn sweeper?

Looks like an environmentalist's dream come true.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Idle hands..................

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bern wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:45:00 03/22/13) 1 1/2 working hours, doing what, pulling a lawn sweeper?

Looks like an environmentalist's dream come true.
What, smell sulfuric acid fumes?! I'd miss the smell of burned fuel in the morning! Twisted Evil

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did notice in the ad that implements are not included. Maybe they're buying a gas tractor.
Kirk

Dr. Walt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If these brainiac "wet behind the ears" geniuses would direct their thought processes towards creating solar cells with a 98% efficiency, then they might just revolutionize the solar industry. But creating anything with the current 17% efficient solar cells is just a waste of time & money.

mike2366
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What a waste of a perfectly good 8N...........JMHSAO.... Sad

Jimmyjack
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All you would need is eight or ten of them and you could do a days work!

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Solar Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great idea.
I think I will couple the 201 diesel in my 4000 to a generator. Use the electricity to power an electric motor to drive the tractor.
That would eliminate the need for those pesky batteries.
On second thought, maybe I wont.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters