Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oliver wagon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjtractors
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just bought an Oliver model 500 fifthwheel wagon serial #14620, know that they were made by electric wheel co. Any information paint color, years made etc. would be appreciated. Thanks

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have advertising brochures on Oliver wagons starting in 1953 and there is no 500 wagon listed.

The following fifth wheel wagons were sold by Oliver from 1953 to the 1970's. 600 620W 640 800 5004A 5005 5007.

Either I don't have any advertising on your 500 wagon, or there might be another number on the serial number plate.

I have never see a serial number list for Electric wagons, but someone may have one.

jjtractors
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cant find anything either, so here is a picture of markings.

jjtractors
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cant find anything either, so here is a picture of markings.

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After you posted your pictures, I called a good friend of mine. He looked for information on Oliver wagons built before 1953. We think the model 500 wagon was built in the late 1940's. They were part of the Peru Wheel Co. that Electric Wheel bought out in the 1940's. The 500 series were replaced by the 600 series. Your wagon was rated at 3 tons, and was probably painted all red.

jjtractors
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you very much, kind of what I was thinking, I did find a dealer order book that listed optional equipment for a No. 640 that included an all steel horse pole in place of the tractor tongue in 1952 also grooved tire steel wheels were available. The wagon has red paint on the frame with some rust, very interesting,Thanks again

Cordova Steve
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver wagon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jjtractors wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:36:01 09/20/09) Just bought an Oliver model 500 fifthwheel wagon serial #14620, know that they were made by electric wheel co. Any information paint color, years made etc. would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you still have any full view photo's of this or other 500 series EWC made wagons? I'm restoreing one with a rocking front bolster. This 500 series is proving to be very elusive to find much info or pictures or literature on.
Thanks Steve. You can e-mail me at cpo349@gmail.com if thats easier.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters